Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which of the big 3 are cheapest if you have all credits required to graduate already?
I received my transcript evaluation today but there's some errors I have to work out with them.

As it is now:
They transferred me into the technical studies BS program.
122 credit hour program (where's the extra 2 credit hours from?)
85 transferred in
35 credit hours needed

Classes I need to take:
English Comp 2 - 3 credit hours
COM-209 Public Speaking - 3 credit hours
SOS-110 Information Literacy - 1 credit hour
SOC-101 Sociology - 3 credit hours ***
SOC-291 Criminology (another social science/humanity) - 3 credit hours ***
Higher-level math course for 3 credit hours ***
Chemistry or Physics with lab - 4 credit hours x2 for 8 credit hours total
STA-201 Statistics - 3 credit hours
One more 300-level technical studies course for 3 credit hours
APS-401 Current tech trends - 3 credit hours

So I have quite a few courses they overlooked.
I've already taken College algebra and it's nowhere listed on my transcript.
I've taken Intro to Psych and World Religions at Sophia Learning and they're not listed (both social science/humanities classes).
I've taken English Comp 2 and am going to see if they'll give me a waiver.
I'm trying to see if the 8 credit hours for science are requirements or if I can use computer courses instead.

I know for sure at least 9 credit hours I've already done. It's possible they'll accept Comp 2 for 3 more, and then I don't know about the science. I'm also going to see if any of my free electives will qualify for the final 300-level course I need.

So now I'm at 26 (possibly minus more) credit hours (hopefully) to finish. It looks like ASU will cover all but the Information Literacy class and APS-401. I've never heard of that class.

I don't know what the extra 4 CUs are for. Adding the credit hours of those classes puts it at 33 credit hours, so now I'm at 118/122 total. There's the extra 2 from the 120 total/122 listed as the requirement for the program and then the 2 that's missing from the 33 credit hours needed to make 35 credit hours.
TCC - AAS in Information Technology 2015
TCC - AAS in IT, Website Management 2015
Coursera - IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Certificate, April 2023
TESU - Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (114 out of 120 credit hours)
Eastern University or A-State or UT - Austin - Something Artificial Intelligence related most likely
Sorry for the double post but here is my plan to finish:

My two Sophia classes are supposed to be accepted, but I have to go through ACE Credly and not Parchment Exchange. They should be updated soon.

I'm taking one semester at ASU full-time for 13 credit hours and another at TESU to finish.

At ASU, I'm taking:
English Comp 2
Public Speaking
Physics 1 with lab
Math for Business Analysis

At TESU, I just have these left:
SOS-110 Information Literacy
APS-401 Tech Trends Capstone
STA-201 Statistics
One 300+ level tech studies elective
Another Chemistry or Phys with lab

If I enroll immediately after finishing at ASU in May, I can finish a 12-week term in August and graduate at no cost. Hopefully my plan works.

If I can't get my scholarship for some reason then I'll take the bulk of those at Study.com and then just doing the capstone/sos-110 at TESU to finish. That's because it's faster at Study.com and I can just take any upper level I want instead of ASU needing prereqs.
Eastern University or A-State or UT - Austin - Something Artificial Intelligence related most likely
(12-06-2022, 05:45 PM)Randyb100 Wrote: I received my transcript evaluation today but there's some errors I have to work out with them.

As it is now:
85 transferred in
35 credit hours needed

Classes I need to take:

I've taken Intro to Psych and World Religions at Sophia Learning and they're not listed (both social science/humanities classes).
I'm trying to see if the 8 credit hours for science are requirements or if I can use computer courses instead.

I know for sure at least 9 credit hours I've already done. It's possible they'll accept Comp 2 for 3 more, and then I don't know about the science. I'm also going to see if any of my free electives will qualify for the final 300-level course I need.

So now I'm at 26 (possibly minus more) credit hours (hopefully) to finish. It looks like ASU will cover all but the Information Literacy class and APS-401. I've never heard of that class.

I don't know what the extra 4 CUs are for. Adding the credit hours of those classes puts it at 33 credit hours, so now I'm at 118/122 total. There's the extra 2 from the 120 total/122 listed as the requirement for the program and then the 2 that's missing from the 33 credit hours needed to make 35 credit hours.

Answering your questions:

1) extra 2cr is from the lab sciences required - you cannnot do CompSci instead, that degree specifically requires either Physics I & II w/Labs, or Chem I & II w/labs

2) LevelUP (post #11) is wrong - TESU will NOT take a D in English Comp (they will take D's for all other GE's and Free Electives, but not for the AoS or English Comp).

3) Not sure why College Algebra isn't listed, but that would be the course they used for Quantitative Literacy, or else they'd put it in Free Electives, which is prob full

4) Intro to Psych should fit in KHC instead of Criminology

5) World Religions at Sophia would be a Humanities in KHC, which is prob full, so you'd then have it as a free elective

6) none of the Free electives you have will work for the 3cr UL you need if they didn't put them there - but go ahead and look at the course equivalencies they listed for all of your free electives and other courses - see if anything is XXX-300 or XXX-400 level courses, which would be how you'd know, but my guess is, none of them will work.  But list anything that's 300-level or 400-level and we can tell you why they're not in the AoS

Also, for your next post - I don't think Math for Business Analysis will work for anything (that normally comes in to TESU as a Business course so will be considered a Free Elective).  So you might want to choose something else (maybe Sociology?).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Randyb100
(12-10-2022, 12:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 05:45 PM)Randyb100 Wrote: I received my transcript evaluation today but there's some errors I have to work out with them.

As it is now:
85 transferred in
35 credit hours needed

Classes I need to take:

Answering your questions:

1) extra 2cr is from the lab sciences required - you cannnot do CompSci instead, that degree specifically requires either Physics I & II w/Labs, or Chem I & II w/labs

2) LevelUP (post #11) is wrong - TESU will NOT take a D in English Comp (they will take D's for all other GE's and Free Electives, but not for the AoS or English Comp).

3) Not sure why College Algebra isn't listed, but that would be the course they used for Quantitative Literacy, or else they'd put it in Free Electives, which is prob full

4) Intro to Psych should fit in KHC instead of Criminology

5) World Religions at Sophia would be a Humanities in KHC, which is prob full, so you'd then have it as a free elective

6) none of the Free electives you have will work for the 3cr UL you need if they didn't put them there - but go ahead and look at the course equivalencies they listed for all of your free electives and other courses - see if anything is XXX-300 or XXX-400 level courses, which would be how you'd know, but my guess is, none of them will work.  But list anything that's 300-level or 400-level and we can tell you why they're not in the AoS

Also, for your next post - I don't think Math for Business Analysis will work for anything (that normally comes in to TESU as a Business course so will be considered a Free Elective).  So you might want to choose something else (maybe Sociology?).

So an update.

I changed my major to liberal studies with a concentration in computer science, and it opened up some doors for me. 

I took the IBM cybersecurity analyst certificate and it counted as 6 credit hours.
My term ends next week, and I'm enrolled in Information Literacy, Public Speaking, and Intro to Sociology.

I plan on taking Intro to Python and Software Engineering at Saylor. I did have to request permission for Software Engineering, but it does transfer in as an upper-level course.

I'm taking Computer Architecture and English 2 at Study.com

My final semester at TESU will be Artificial Intelligence, Data Structures, and the Capstone.

My planned graduation date is in September. I'm waiting for the summer scholarships to open so I can apply before picking up another semester.
(05-18-2023, 12:29 PM)Randyb100 Wrote: I plan on taking Intro to Python and Software Engineering at Saylor. I did have to request permission for Software Engineering, but it does transfer in as an upper-level course.

You don't have to request permission from TESU to take anything - especially courses we already know the course equivalencies for.  That's just not a thing at that school.  The person you spoke with there may have decided that you needed to ask for permission, but you don't.  That's not a thing there.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@Randyb100, I recommend creating a spreadsheet and use that as reference/tracking purposes. You can link it to us from your google or one drive, just make it viewable and not editable. We can provide you any recommendations if we come across something that may need tweaking... I usually would only talk to advising at TESU on a need to basis, rarely do you need to have them get involved at all...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-18-2023, 01:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 12:29 PM)Randyb100 Wrote: I plan on taking Intro to Python and Software Engineering at Saylor. I did have to request permission for Software Engineering, but it does transfer in as an upper-level course.

You don't have to request permission from TESU to take anything - especially courses we already know the course equivalencies for.  That's just not a thing at that school.  The person you spoke with there may have decided that you needed to ask for permission, but you don't.  That's not a thing there.

For that particular course it is. It lost its ACE accredidation and requires special approval before being used. You can check the Degree Forum wiki and someone else commented that it had to be requested.

Anyways, that's only $10 for the two classes. I can get a discount at Study.com and finish the other 2 in a month, hopefully. I'm planning on getting all 4 done before doing my final term in August. I'm waiting until August because their summer scholarship application starts in June and ends in July for the August term. I only have $2100 left of my Amazon career choice for the year, so I need another $1000 to cover the cost of those 3 courses left to graduate. 

I'll then have a bachelor of arts in liberal studies with a concentration in computer science. I may come back to finish an actual BS in computer science later, I don't know. I'm planning on just moving on to grad school if I can find the right program and can get enough funding.
(05-22-2023, 04:29 AM)Randyb100 Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 01:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 12:29 PM)Randyb100 Wrote: I did have to request permission for Software Engineering, but it does transfer in as an upper-level course.

For that particular course it is. It lost its ACE accredidation and requires special approval before being used. You can check the Degree Forum wiki and someone else commented that it had to be requested.

It did lose it's ACE-recommendation from 12/1/19 through 12/31/20 - but that does not mean that you need permission to take it. As long as you take it when it IS ACE-recommended, you are fine.  The advisors have zero say on the courses you bring in; that's up to the registrar.  The registrar will go by the ACE-recommended dates.  So if you took it 1/1/21 or later, then you will get credit for it, as will anyone who did NOT get "permission" to take it but took it anyway.

TESU advisors are almost always WRONG in things they tell you.  They don't understand ACE/NCCRS much, and regularly have bad/old info.  So you are much better off coming here than speaking with a TESU advisor.  I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 1 55 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 115 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,382 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Graduate TAMUC>UMPI graduatemore 7 582 03-21-2024, 09:14 PM
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 394 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 923 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 602 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 348 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 422 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 262 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley