Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which of these DSST exams generally can be passed with just 1 week of study
Math is not my Forte
Are any of these pretty easy?
Principles of management is going to be one of my earliest cleps (I'm doing my list of cleps and dssts seperate) so should I do the human resource management pretty early when I start my dsst phase?

DSSTCivilWar&Reconstruction(3UL) DSSTRise&FalloftheSovietUnion(3UL)
DSSTTechnicalWriting(3)
DSSTAstronomy(3)
DSSTHuman/culturalGeography(3) DSSTFoundationsofEducation(3)
DSSTAnthropology(3)
DSSTOrganizationalBehaviorA(3)
DSSTBusinessEthics(3UL)
DSSTIntrotoBusiness(3)
DSSTHumanResourceMgmt(3)
DSSTIntrotoComputing(3)
DSSTEnvironment&Humanity(3)
DSSTStatistics(3)

Any other general advice and tips welcome
thanks!
For me, the ranking of what I've taken and the amount of study is as follows (CLEP Princ of Man included for your planning)

Intro to Computing - 2 days of study
Business Ethics - 2 days of study
Princ of Man - 3 days of study
HRM - 2 days of study (+Princ of Man study, lots of overlap)
Org Behavior - 3 days of study (some overlap from Princ of Man & HRM)

Honestly, as long as your testing center does both, I'd strongly recommend doing the Princ of Management, HRM, and Org Beh close together, the overlap in what is covered made my life much easier (also took the Princ of Supervision).
I have quite a bit of business experience at the upper levels of the company, so my feedback is subjective. I only took the following exams from your list. and have listed from the easiest to most diffcult. I've also noted where I consider it falling on a scale of 1-5.

1-Introto Business - took this exam with no study and easily passed.
1-Intro to Computing - listened to the chapter summaries from a textbook twice and sat the exam, easy pass.
1-Technical Writing - looked over the sample docs in an online textbbok and sat the exam, another easy pass.

Total study time for these exams was 5-10 days studying off and on while taking two TESC and 1 SL course.
3-Organizational Behavior - IC flashcards, exam feedback
3-Human Resource Mgmt - IC flashcards, exam feedback
3-Business Ethics - IC flashcards, exam feedback

In comparison, I also considered prin of management, prin of supervision, and prin of marketing super easy (#1).

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Intro to Computing is basically free credits IMO
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
I took OB, Business Ethics, HRM and Intro to Business; they were all easy and definitely doable with 1 week or less of study.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

I took both DSST Ethics exams back-to-back on the same day with about a week of hard studying.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

hightecrebel Wrote:For me, the ranking of what I've taken and the amount of study is as follows (CLEP Princ of Man included for your planning)

Intro to Computing - 2 days of study
Business Ethics - 2 days of study
Princ of Man - 3 days of study
HRM - 2 days of study (+Princ of Man study, lots of overlap)
Org Behavior - 3 days of study (some overlap from Princ of Man & HRM)

Honestly, as long as your testing center does both, I'd strongly recommend doing the Princ of Management, HRM, and Org Beh close together, the overlap in what is covered made my life much easier (also took the Princ of Supervision).

Thank you so much. It's nice to know I can do these much faster rather than every 2 weeks.

Thank you Everyone!
Did you put these in a particular order? Smile
I really appreciate your t response it is helpful and thank you for the link!
I don't really have any business experience, just supervisory experience in the security and restaurant industries. I found the business exams to be easy. I passed all of these tests by going through the Instantcert flashcards once (maybe twice on some) and found them to be straightforward. I don't really keep track of how long it takes me to study. It's just however many hours it takes me to get through the flashcards.

Principles of Management
Principles of Marketing
Environment & Humanity: Race to Save the Planet
Here's to Your Health
Management Information Systems
Principles of Supervision
Human Resources Management
Business Ethics and Society
Intro to Computing
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 260 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,414 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,222 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,280 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007