0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which path should I choose?
Lightbulb 
My name is Tural Hasanov, this's my first thread and I'd like to share a brief overview of my background:

- Education: 
  - Bachelor's Degree in Arabic Translation from Baku State University (BSU)
  - Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Business Innovation and Sustainability (UBIS) in Geneva (Haven't finished)
  - Academic Achievements: Consistently achieved grades of A+ or higher (96% and above)
- Languages: Fluent in Arabic (C1), Russian (C2), English (C2), Turkish (C2), and intermediate proficiency in Farsi (B1)
- Certifications: I possess a range of certificates that bolster my expertise in languages and business experience.
- Military Experience: None to date.

Career Aspirations:

As I contemplate the next steps in my academic and professional journey, I find myself at a crossroads. My current qualifications in translation and business administration have provided me with a solid foundation, yet I'm exploring the possibility of further diversifying my skill set.

Considering a Second Degree:

I'm debating between pursuing a second bachelor's or master's degree in either finance or law. Finance appeals to me because of my existing knowledge base and I'm particularly intrigued by the prospect of preparing for the F5 exam. However, I question whether this path might overlap significantly with my MBA studies.

Alternatively, law presents an exciting avenue, especially in the realm of international law. This field could offer me the flexibility to work across different countries, despite the variations in legal systems. My proficiency in multiple languages and willingness to learn new legal frameworks positions me well for this challenge.

Seeking Guidance:

At this juncture, I'm seeking advice on which direction to pursue. The decision between finance and international law is quiet difficult, compounded by my desire to relocate from Azerbaijan. I'm keen on understanding which path could best leverage my existing skills and offer opportunities for growth and global mobility.
Edited as I re-read OP’s post and now don’t have anything to say.
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • Lil_Boi
Hi,

I'm in the process of planning my departure from Azerbaijan, with the intention of relocating to Europe—specifically, I'm considering Norway or Switzerland—or alternatively to an Arabic-speaking country.

P.s: My bad, I answered without "Reply", I'm still learning this site
If the goal is to leave Azerbaijan, you might want to consider in person programs in Europe, especially if you're planning to emigrate. The online programs we discuss here are great for quick, cheap credential building and picking an unfinished degree back up, but they can sometimes be dicey, especially in the areas of law (where schools tend to fare much better within their own region and country) and finance (where getting a job nearly requires prestige or a great network). It's also often much easier to transition from a student visa to a work permit than jumping right to the work permit.

If you must consider one of the schools we discuss here, I'd consider the UMPI BA in Accounting. UMPI has an good rating in Anabin, Germany's database of accepted university degrees, and while you'd likely have to undergo additional licensing exams depending on your target country you'd at least have a finished finance related credential. Online law school is relatively tough to find in continental Europe, although there do seem to be lots of UK degrees, and to my knowledge we don't have anyone here that has pursued one of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsNeverTheLionsYear's post:
  • Lil_Boi
@Lil_Boi, Welcome to the board. I would continue on with your MBA for now while you're deciding between another Bachelors or going for a second Masters. My suggestion is to work on the trifecta of certs, degree, experience, a balanced mix/match of the three to your liking.  You don't necessarily need a second bachelors or second masters, having a grad cert in both or either subjects would do. BTW, Great template with some details, but you've missed the addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Lil_Boi
I'm struck by your age most of all. I'm a strong believer in gaining experience before persuing too much in the way of graduate education. It's different if your career goal is something that requires a grad degree, like being a lawyer, doctor, or scientist, but in most fields, it makes more sense to get some work experience under your belt to better inform your choices.

When you consider studying law, do think you want to be an actual attorney, or do you see yourself climbing the corporate ladder and needing legal training to support that work? Becoming a licensed attorney requires meeting requirements in whatever country you would want to be licensed in.

I don't think there's a way for any of us to advise you between law and finance. It all depends on what you want to be doing in the future, and if you're not sure, the best way to figure it out is to work for a few years,
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • Lil_Boi, ss20ts
(02-12-2024, 11:39 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Lil_Boi, Welcome to the board. I would continue on with your MBA for now while you're deciding between another Bachelors or going for a second Masters. My suggestion is to work on the trifecta of certs, degree, experience, a balanced mix/match of the three to your liking.  You don't necessarily need a second bachelors or second masters, having a grad cert in both or either subjects would do. BTW, Great template with some details, but you've missed the addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Hi,

Thank you for providing constructive feedback. I am now reconsidering pursuing a second degree and instead focusing on maximizing my experience by searching more adaptive job and acquiring additional certifications.

(02-12-2024, 03:11 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm struck by your age most of all. I'm a strong believer in gaining experience before persuing too much in the way of graduate education. It's different if your career goal is something that requires a grad degree, like being a lawyer, doctor, or scientist, but in most fields, it makes more sense to get some work experience under your belt to better inform your choices.

When you consider studying law, do think you want to be an actual attorney, or do you see yourself climbing the corporate ladder and needing legal training to support that work? Becoming a licensed attorney requires meeting requirements in whatever country you would want to be licensed in.

I don't think there's a way for any of us to advise you between law and finance. It all depends on what you want to be doing in the future, and if you're not sure, the best way to figure it out is to work for a few years,

Hi,

I'm interested in pursuing a career in law and becoming an attorney. I’m ready to meet all the necessary requirements for this field for needed country.. However, I'm facing a challenge as most job opportunities require prior work experience, which I currently lack. This creates a bit of a loop that I need to overcome. Still, many thanks for your time
"I am now reconsidering pursuing a second degree and instead focusing on maximizing my experience by searching more adaptive job and acquiring additional certifications."

You can find jobs that may or may not come into fruition, I suggest getting some professional certs on Coursera, Edx, (not the freebies) that deal with Finance and Law, and other related Business type courses. Again, you can get the Coursera Plus, Edx options for cheap when you apply for financial aid or get coupon/discount codes for each and every one of those professional certificates.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path suggestions, school and program AirborneAgent 20 978 07-16-2024, 11:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best Path for Accounting Degree tiffeg 5 362 07-04-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Path Recommendation for 50 y.o. male in US ill13 31 2,118 07-02-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Big Grin Which Degree Program Would You Choose??? colonelcamp 34 1,778 06-05-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Newbie looking for efficient path to bachelors degree Santi 2 356 05-09-2024, 09:24 AM
  Path to MSW with no degree and 52! BELEEMA 11 897 04-03-2024, 10:30 PM
  Thoughts on path to BA for drug/alcohol counselors studyingfortests 10 578 03-30-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Smile Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 5 384 03-29-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Freyo27
  Requesting Feedback on Best Degree Path turnitloud 3 459 01-24-2024, 09:48 PM
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 367 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley