Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why This Month Is The Most Important!
Many people say their new year will be different and start making progress towards their goal. January is an important month, but it isn't the most important!

Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kal Di's post:
  • LevelUP
great video
[-] The following 1 user Likes millaterns2's post:
  • Kal Di
I got through Calculus, which was my major goal for the year. I applied for graduation before I completed the course so I had to finish. lol.

For me what has worked is when I have a goal I do try to break it down into individual steps. I also try and assign some time commitment to reach my goal before I give up. Usually, the time is at least 20hrs.

So for example using the 3 M's for learning Spanish.

Minium goal:
Where I want to be in 2 hours. (learn the alphabet and basic sounds)

Moderate:
Where I want to be in 8 hours. (learn basic grammar)

Max:
Where I want to be in 20 hours. (learn top 100 frequency words and make super basic sentences)

Then I stop, reevaluate if want to continue, and come up with another plan for the next 20 hours or so. 

There is a law of diminishing returns that kicks in for planning. Usually, it's better to do something and make a bunch of mistakes than to over-plan.

Money = Freedom

How you earn, save, and invest money is important. The rich have multiple income streams so no matter what happens such as coof, nothing is going to stop them from succeeding.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(02-17-2022, 02:08 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I got through Calculus, which was my major goal for the year. I applied for graduation before I completed the course so I had to finish. lol.

For me what has worked is when I have a goal I do try to break it down into individual steps. I also try and assign some time commitment to reach my goal before I give up. Usually, the time is at least 20hrs.

So for example using the 3 M's for learning Spanish.

Minium goal:
Where I want to be in 2 hours. (learn the alphabet and basic sounds)

Moderate:
Where I want to be in 8 hours. (learn basic grammar)

Max:
Where I want to be in 20 hours. (learn top 100 frequency words and make super basic sentences)

Then I stop, reevaluate if want to continue, and come up with another plan for the next 20 hours or so. 

There is a law of diminishing returns that kicks in for planning. Usually, it's better to do something and make a bunch of mistakes than to over-plan.

Money = Freedom

How you earn, save, and invest money is important. The rich have multiple income streams so no matter what happens such as coof, nothing is going to stop them from succeeding.

Well said! I approach language learning in a similar way!
Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15 Month CD's at 4.40% APY. Anyone Getting In? LevelUP 4 557 11-26-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  I Live In an 80 Sqft Apartment for $385/Month in Downtown Manhattan! LevelUP 17 1,795 03-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Any one have PUG - AWS certificate screenshots from the last month NewatTESU 30 2,841 11-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What are the most important lessons you've learned in life? msa145 5 911 06-25-2021, 01:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HP Instant Ink Program - May change next month bjcheung77 0 756 10-19-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Important Opinion STG 23 2,389 03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Last Post: STG
  Presenting a 9-month BS on a resume? JanusthePhoenix 6 1,717 10-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy
  free month of exercise at Bally's creationstory 0 732 01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  How important is my resume? Daniels 6 1,817 11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My month is over Lindagerr 6 1,393 09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Last Post: categ