Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will COSC accepts my foreign credits as Non-Ace credits?
I know that
(08-18-2020, 08:15 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Problem with tesu is the 79 toefl. I asked cosc about (actfl)credits for Dutch but they dont accept it.

They do, however, accept NYU foreign language proficiency testing, and you can get up to 16 semester-hours of credit for being fluent in Dutch:

https://www.sps.nyu.edu/professional-pat...sting.html

And since NYU is a regionally accredited institution, those count towards the 30 RA credits you now need to earn to get a Bachelor's degree from Charter Oak.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(08-18-2020, 05:16 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 08:15 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Problem with tesu is the 79 toefl. I asked cosc about (actfl)credits for Dutch but they dont accept it.

They do, however, accept NYU foreign language proficiency testing, and you can get up to 16 semester-hours of credit for being fluent in Dutch:

And since NYU is a regionally accredited institution, those count towards the 30 RA credits you now need to earn to get a Bachelor's degree from Charter Oak.

That's so nice, also works for spanish.

How much it is? It is posible to just take the exam or something or you must pay for tution?
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(08-18-2020, 05:23 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:

That's so nice, also works for spanish.

How much it is? It is posible to just take the exam or something or you must pay for tution?

Spanish and many, many other languages. 

I don't know exactly how much it is, but it's definitely less than sixteen credits would cost!

And just the exam, I believe. But I don't know what the situation is right now with the pandemic.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(08-18-2020, 06:21 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: Spanish and many, many other languages. 

I don't know exactly how much it is, but it's definitely less than sixteen credits would cost!

And just the exam, I believe. But I don't know what the situation is right now with the pandemic.

It says that they are unable to administer exams right now due to the pandemic. However, if you can find another school or institution that is open and can proctor the test then that might be an option.

The cost for the 16-point exam is $579 which is a steal at about $36 per credit.
The cost for the 12-point exam is $479 or about $40 per credit.

Some of the exams (such as for Spanish) have online exams instead of in-person exams.

Proctoring fees may also apply; $19.50 for the first hour + $7 for each additional hour for the online ones.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • cecilgambe7, SteveFoerster

I think i cant take this exam because its my mother tonque. But cosc told me they dont accept Dutch.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
I wonder is it really possible to take this exam if the language is one of your mother tonque ? Will it be considered as credit ?
(08-19-2020, 04:01 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I wonder is it really possible to take this exam if the language is one of your mother tonque ? Will it be considered as credit ?

I actually don't know, but I think it is possible. If by demonstrating proficiency in English you are considered like any other American student, then you should demonstrate your skills in another language (including your mother tongue) in order to give yourself those credits.

On the other hand, they are not going to give you the credits for the simple fact of having a mother tongue without demonstrating it.

However, I find it difficult for the 16 credits to transfer in full, especially since no university has as many credits as the language requirements.

We need more research about it. I also consider to take UEXCEL spanish exam(that is my mother tongue), it is 6 credits exam and it is just $110.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cecilgambe7's post:
  • rachel83az
Actfl accept mother tonque.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
I asked COSC and was told they no longer accept ACTFL. I asked about NYU language proficiency for Spanish (which isn't my mothers tongue or anything) and was told they do accept the NYU exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,678 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,283 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,641 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,161 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,619 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso