Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will COSC review unofficial transcripts?
I am curious if COSC would unofficially review my transcripts to see what *might* transfer in.  I have copies of all of my transcripts from 5 different places.  I would like to get an idea of what might transfer before I pay to have all those official transcripts sent.  Even if it might change a little after the official enrollment.  I just would like to get a good idea so I can make a plan if I decide to get that second bachelors degree...
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I think UMPI is the only college/university we discuss here that accepts unofficial transcripts for a preliminary evaluation. But I could be wrong about that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I sent unofficial transcripts to UMPI and they didn’t accept it.
I finally heard back from COSC and they will not. Coincidentally, I also got an email from Northern Arizona University and they gave me instructions on how to apply with unofficial copies for evaluation on how they might transfer. I don’t mind sending official ones if I decide to enroll somewhere, But I don’t want to spend maybe $50-60 to have them sent to each one I am considering. Maybe I am just cheap. LOL.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Understandable. Sending transcripts can get expensive!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Post the courses here, and we can tell you where they will most likely come in. Do it in this format:

School (don't have to put the name if you don't want), RA or NA, semester or quarter
course #, full course name, # of credits, grade if less than a C
course #, full course name, # of credits, grade if less than a C

Repeat for each school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045
For the Big 3, it's easier to decipher if they will take the courses are not, essentially all courses from Regionally Accredited community college, 4 year colleges and universities are accepted, including their "in-house credit examinations" such as UEXCEL, TECEPS, etc. Excelsior allows 113 credits transferred from ACE/NCCRS, Nationally & Regionally accredited institutions, TESU the same except no NA credits, COSC doesn't take NA either and recently removed NCCRS.

There was a major change at COSC, they seemed to have removed NCCRS credits from their approved list and also added an approved ACE provider list, and instituted a 30 RA credit requirement... If the majority of your credits are from a community college or university, you should be safe. The only courses that won't transfer would be the developmental or remedial upgrading courses... I think your credits were all from community college & university, so you don't have to worry...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-07-2021, 02:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For the Big 3, it's easier to decipher if they will take the courses are not, essentially all courses from Regionally Accredited community college, 4 year colleges and universities are accepted, including their "in-house credit examinations" such as UEXCEL, TECEPS, etc.  Excelsior allows 113 credits transferred from ACE/NCCRS, Nationally & Regionally accredited institutions, TESU the same except no NA credits, COSC doesn't take NA either and recently removed NCCRS.

There was a major change at COSC, they seemed to have removed NCCRS credits from their approved list and also added an approved ACE provider list, and instituted a 30 RA credit requirement...  If the majority of your credits are from a community college or university, you should be safe.  The only courses that won't transfer would be the developmental or remedial upgrading courses...  I think your credits were all from community college & university, so you don't have to worry...

Yes, the large majority of my courses are from RA colleges and universities.   

-Indiana University of PA
-Edinboro University of PA (transferred IUP credits here and got degree in 1997)
-Tri-State Business Institute (I don’t remember how they were accredited.  They have closed but credits did transfer to Gannon, so most likely some sort of RA at the time.)
-Gannon University (Finished Paralegal Certificate here in 2001)
-Cuyahoga Community College (I only took one class here just because I was interest in the subject - Intellectual Property Law)

Recently, I have finished 2 classes through Sophia - Intro to Business and Developing Effective Teams

I recently found Saylor Academy and have started the Marketing course and was thinking about doing several more of the business classes that are listed as potential ACE credit.  Especially if they would satisfy additional credits toward a Business degree.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Tri-State Business Institute is NA, not RA - so COSC won't even look at that transcript.
Gannon probably accepts NA credits, which is why they took those credits.

Since you're looking at getting a 2nd degree (in business), you really only need to list the courses you took that would apply to the business major. You don't need to worry about GE or Free Electives. So, look at the business degree, see what the requirements are, and see if you took any of those particular courses. If you took College Algebra, it will work for all 3 schools. If you took Stats, it will work for TESU & EC, but COSC requires Business Stats. If you took any other requirements, they will take them.

So, for anything you took that applies for business, I would list them from the 4 RA schools you have there, and we can help you. Don't list anything that's not business-related or required as a pre-req (so English Comp is not something to list for instance). Here's a comprehensive list of all of the required business courses at the Big 3 (it's a combination, you don't have to have taken everything). If you took something that you think applies to the degree, then list the course # and name next to the requirement. We will tell you if it will work, and at which school:

FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING
BUSINESS LAW
FINANCE
MANAGEMENT
MARKETING
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS

COMPUTERS
MANAGEMENT INFO SYSTEMS

MACROECONOMICS
MICROECONOMICS

STATISTICS
BUSINESS STATISTICS

BUSINESS ETHICS
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045
(04-07-2021, 04:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Tri-State Business Institute is NA, not RA - so COSC won't even look at that transcript.
Gannon probably accepts NA credits, which is why they took those credits.

Since you're looking at getting a 2nd degree (in business), you really only need to list the courses you took that would apply to the business major.  You don't need to worry about GE or Free Electives.  So, look at the business degree, see what the requirements are, and see if you took any of those particular courses.  If you took College Algebra, it will work for all 3 schools.  If you took Stats, it will work for TESU & EC, but COSC requires Business Stats.  If you took any other requirements, they will take them.

So, for anything you took that applies for business, I would list them from the 4 RA schools you have there, and we can help you.  Don't list anything that's not business-related or required as a pre-req (so English Comp is not something to list for instance).  Here's a comprehensive list of all of the required business courses at the Big 3 (it's a combination, you don't have to have taken everything).  If you took something that you think applies to the degree, then list the course # and name next to the requirement.  We will tell you if it will work, and at which school:

FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING
BUSINESS LAW
FINANCE
MANAGEMENT
MARKETING
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS

COMPUTERS
MANAGEMENT INFO SYSTEMS

MACROECONOMICS
MICROECONOMICS

STATISTICS
BUSINESS STATISTICS

BUSINESS ETHICS

Thank you for breaking it down like that.  I think I need pretty much all of those.  
The computer classes I took for my degree would be totally outdated and irrelevant. 

I took Business Law and additional computer classes at Tri-State Business institute.  

I am doing a Marketing class right now on Onlinedegree.com

For math:
MA 217 Probability & Statistics (at IUP)
MATH 104 Finite Math (at Edinboro)

So I guess my plan would have to include figuring out which of those classes I might be able to knock out on Sophia, etc first.

Oh, and how were you able to find how TSBI was accredited?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,681 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,163 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,620 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso