Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU?
The goal is an English BA within the next four or five months, but I only have like 12cr so far. Just getting started. Should I go ahead and apply and then send a new transcript every few courses?

Sorry if I'm not making sense, sleep deprivation. 
Thanks in advance!
I would. It’s a good idea to lock down your catalog. I am enrolling myself in the next month with a TECEP.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
[-] The following 1 user Likes originalamyj's post:
  • leland.kirk
Yes, in general, that is a good plan. Things don't really change too quickly, but late spring is the main time that things do. How often you send transcripts is a function of your need for surety/reassurance and the significance of the extra transcript fees to your finances.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • leland.kirk
Specifically for the degree in English, I would take those UL (per TESU) Shmoop courses, and then enroll and transfer them in. After that, you're probably fine, as Gen Ed's and LL AOS courses won't be an issue.

Get those UL Shmoop courses on your transcript and into your degree plan ASAP!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 4 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • allvia, davewill, leland.kirk, pws
(01-12-2018, 01:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Specifically for the degree in English, I would take those UL (per TESU) Shmoop courses, and then enroll and transfer them in.  After that, you're probably fine, as Gen Ed's and LL AOS courses won't be an issue.

Get those UL Shmoop courses on your transcript and into your degree plan ASAP!!

Thank you! All of you!

I just applied and paid the application fee, and I'll be on top of those Shmoop ULs!
You may need to take a TECEP soon to be enrolled. Do one that you can't get elsewhere cheaply.

(01-12-2018, 03:16 PM)Ideas Wrote: You may need to take a TECEP soon to be enrolled. Do one that you can't get elsewhere cheaply.

What is the reason for taking a TECEP? Does that lock in the tuition prices/Study.com discount price?
Taking course (or TECEP) through TESU is how you actually enroll. The application fee is just to apply. You aren’t enrolled as a matriculating student until you take your first course or TECEP.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(01-12-2018, 03:16 PM)Ideas Wrote: You may need to take a TECEP soon to be enrolled. Do one that you can't get elsewhere cheaply.

Any particular ones you might recommend?
(01-12-2018, 06:20 PM)leland.kirk Wrote:

Any particular ones you might recommend?

Actually, for an English degree, I think the TECEP credits that you can use are available through the cheaper sources. Maybe Eng Comp II if you don't already have that or Technical Writing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,967 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,656 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,089 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,629 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,723 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,335 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,583 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,316 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,368 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,854 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore