Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Population exam Excelsior
Hey everyone Confusedeeya: ,
I'm studying for the exam World Population from Excelsior. I am using the book Population from John Weeks.
Now I have a question: in chapter 5 and 6, there are all those formulas, the crude death rate, crude birth rate, general fertility rate, age/sex specific death rate, total fertility rate and all the others. Is is necessary to learn all those formulas for this exam? Because there are so many! :p
And is the study guide you can download at the excelsior website a good indication of how much percent each chapter is in the exam?
Do you have any other tips for passing this exam with a good grade?
Thanks!!
Hanny Big Grin
Confusedeeya:
Straighterline:
Western Civilization I: 71%
English Composition I: 76%
English Composition II: 84%
Student Success: 79%
First Aid/CPR: 96%
Anatomy and Physiology I: 72%

CLEP:
College Mathematics: 64

Excelsior:
World Population: A
Basic Genetics: B

Study.com
Principles of Management: 83%
Biology: 77%
Hanny Wrote:And is the study guide you can download at the excelsior website a good indication of how much percent each chapter is in the exam?
Yes! I'd say they're pretty accurate. In fact, I prefer the UExcel content guides to the TECEP's for the mere fact that they're way more detailed. :p Make sure you learn every concept listed in the content breakdown. If you can't find them in the textbook, try googling them up.
Thanks for your info! I'll do as you said ;-)
Do you also need to know all those formula's or don't they ask them (a lot) on the exam?
Straighterline:

CLEP:

Excelsior:

Study.com
Hanny Wrote:Thanks for your info! I'll do as you said ;-)
Do you also need to know all those formula's or don't they ask them (a lot) on the exam?
Well, I haven't taken this specific exam, but I've done a whole bunch of other UExcels. Generally, if it's listed in the content breakdown, by all means do learn it. Or else you could take the PT/sample questions first to check if it's needed. Smile
Please keep us updated on your progress, especially if you take this exam within the next 2 weeks. I'll be taking it around the 20th and could use every bit of info possible. If I take it first I'll do the same Big Grin
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
Hanny Wrote:And is the study guide you can download at the excelsior website a good indication of how much percent each chapter is in the exam?

laughter Wrote:Yes! I'd say they're pretty accurate. In fact, I prefer the UExcel content guides to the TECEP's for the mere fact that they're way more detailed. :p Make sure you learn every concept listed in the content breakdown. If you can't find them in the textbook, try googling them up.
Yes, the percentage breakdown in the fact sheet is pretty good. Definitely study everything mentioned there. I'll also note that in my case, with the World Conflicts Uexcel, it was invaluable to also have and use the (2 for $25) practice tests.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Thanks everyone for your info!
I'll take the exam on coming Friday March 6! I'm already a bit nervous, but feel more and more confident with each day.
I will let you all know how it goes!!
Straighterline:

CLEP:

Excelsior:

Study.com
I got 33 out of 50 right on the first part of the practice test and 36 out of 50 on the second one. Do you think I will pass with this grade? Is the real test more difficult or less difficult than practice test?
Straighterline:

CLEP:

Excelsior:

Study.com
Hanny Wrote:I got 33 out of 50 right on the first part of the practice test and 36 out of 50 on the second one. Do you think I will pass with this grade? Is the real test more difficult or less difficult than practice test?
For me, the PTs had a low correlation with my real exam scores. I've scored high and low on PTs, but still achieve A's on the real exams. I believe the difference is what you do after taking the PTs. Now's the time to thoroughly review the PTs. Check where you've gone wrong and learn up every tiny fact that you don't understand. Do this on both the PTs and the sample questions in the content study guide. Then go to the content breakdown in the study guide and review, making sure that you've learned every tiny detail listed in the breakdown. What I've realized is that the UExcel content guides provide a very close representation of the demands of the real exam - be it the percentage breakdown for each section or the areas of knowledge expected.
I didn't get terribly good scores on my PTs for the ECEs...something like 60%s. But I studied them hard when I got done with them. And I passed the test with an A. Laughter's advice is great. Study those PTs into the ground and drill everything on them.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,796 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,131 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,264 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 943 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,235 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,748 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,201 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning