Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would someone please give me some advice regarding TESU tuition?
Anyone can transfer in 114 credits.

90 credits can be from alternate sources.

24 credits must come from an RA source. This includes TECEPs, UExcels, TEL Learning, Olivet Nazarene University, and so on.

bjcheung 77 did an excellent write-up on how to maximize your Pell Grant. The thread is here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses

TESU advisors generally know nothing compared to those of us who have been around for a while. They, unfortunately, often give incorrect or outdated information. They are especially unhelpful if you are not a fully enrolled student and are only a prospective or applicant student.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • striker321
Thank you for replying. I appreciate the information you provided. I understand you wrote anyone can transfer 114 credit however that is not what it states on the site. I could be reading it incorrectly. I am not disputing you but I just want to be sure and I strongly feel that was once the case but not sure if it is currently. So I have attached the TESU credit transfer policy for review.  Please advise.

Also, what is RA? And would Study.com count as RA? Are there any other options beyond what you provided to get RA credit?

Thank you for the link. I will definitely read it.

Attached Files
.pdf   1 - Transferring Credit at Thomas Edison State University _ Admissions.pdf (Size: 96.59 KB / Downloads: 11)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Risingstar's post:
  • striker321
Sometimes it's very hard to read everything and comprehend what the document is saying as there are a few things it covers.
1) RA - Regionally Accredited, that means community college/universities that are accredited by agencies deemed acceptable by TESU
2) 114 credits can be transferred by any 4 year college or university, meaning you can transfer in everything except 2 courses

If you read the second indented space, it says you only need to take two courses from them, the SOS 110 and the capstone. Those two are the only required courses, everything else can be transferred in, and you have a max of 90 non RA credits, but it has to come from approved providers.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi, the distinction you're missing is "Community college". There is a difference between a community college (generally only grants Associates degrees) and a 4 year college or university. Also, those two transfer numbers are not cumulative, they are separate numbers.

You can transfer in unlimited community college credits, but only 90 can apply to a bachelors degree.
You can transfer in unlimited alternative credit, but only 90 can apply to a bachelors degree.
You can transfer in unlimited 4-year college credit, and all of it can apply to a bachelors degree.

RA means regionally accredited. It's means that the college/university is accredited by one of the regional accreditors in the United States recognized by the department of education.

Compare with:
1. Nationally accredited, which means that it's accredited by a national organization (that's still recognized by the department of education)
2. Programmatic accreditation, which means one or more of their degrees/majors has been certified by a professional body in that arena
3. Licensed, which generally means the state gives them license to operate
4. Unaccredited, which means it's just someone starting up a school.

EDIT: As always, Rachel has a good writeup: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Accreditation
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Thank you BJCheung and Flelm. I appreciate you all chiming in. I do see that it reads that you only need to take 2 classes from them, the SOS 110 and the capstone. I just needed to explicitly see 114 credits. I almost have 90 credits mostly from Sophia, one CLEP, and one class (3 credits) from a community college. Then I knew I needed to get the 24 from traditional sources as you mentioned but I didn't see that anymore and it threw me off.

Regarding the Pell Grant, this is what the financial aid office explained to me today that you can only use a partial amount of your Pell Grant when taking classes. So, if I only wanted to take 6 credit hours for a term then only 3 credit hours would be paid for by the Pell Grant. If you take 12 credit hours only 6 would be paid for by the Pell Grant. I hope the financial aid office was incorrect but I spoke with a rep today and these details were a part of a memo that has recently circulated.
As long as your community college was regionally accredited, that will count towards your RA credit.

Have you been accepted and a transcript evaluation been completed? Do you have access to the Online Student Services portal? If so, I would recommend taking the output of your evaluation and posting it here in a new thread.

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
Yes, I have been accepted, I have access to the portal and I have a student number. The evaluation was done based on the Liberal Studies degree. I didn't know what I was going to study at the time. I had an issue with them using up my evaluations and asked them not to do another until I asked them to. That will be a second one when I ask for it. Should I still post the eval? I think I have it downloaded already. BRB.
You can use the "what if" evaluation for the BSBA CIS if that's what you've decided on. You don't need to contact TESU, and this doesn't use up your evaluations.

Yeah, they have already updated it because I was speaking to an advisor today. I have to download the eval via TESU. BRB

Here is apparently my final eval. It is good to have you guys to figure this all out. Of course, you need to enlarge it because I am sure you have seen TESU's presentation.

I haven't seen it myself yet. They didn't listen to me. Clearly. I have taken Statistics and now taking Business Law. I finished Accounting a few days ago and Micro and Macro Economics is completed.

I took the courses from Teex but I do not see where I was given credit.

Online for Everyone – Non-Technical - Cyber 101 (3) TEEX
Online for IT Professionals - Cyber 201 (3) TEEX
Online for Business Professionals - Cyber 301 (4) TEEX

Attached Files
.pdf   Shared Students WebAdvisor.pdf (Size: 185.85 KB / Downloads: 20)
(06-16-2021, 02:37 PM)Risingstar Wrote: Yeah, they have already updated it because I was speaking to an advisor today. I have to download the eval via TESU. BRB

Here is apparently my final eval. It is good to have you guys to figure this all out. Of course, you need to enlarge it because I am sure you have seen TESU's presentation.

I haven't seen it myself yet. They didn't listen to me. Clearly. I have taken Statistics and now taking Business Law. I finished Accounting a few days ago and Micro and Macro Economics is completed.

I took the courses from Teex but I do not see where I was given credit.

Online for Everyone – Non-Technical - Cyber 101 (3) TEEX
Online for IT Professionals - Cyber 201 (3) TEEX
Online for Business Professionals - Cyber 301 (4) TEEX
Did you submit the Sophia courses on the credily transcript? If so was the TEEX courses on there?

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 170 6 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Today, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 238 Today, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 211 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 253 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 360 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 533 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM