Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mathematics restrictions and duplication of credit
Hi guys, this is my first post and I'm pleased to have found such a useful place with so many good people.

I am due to sit the Uexcel Calculus test, tomorrow and am wondering about how many maths credits I can fit into a degree plan. Reading the ECE handbook, it is stated a maximum of 3 precalculus tests may be counted. I am planning on the general CLEP College Math to get 6 credits, then College Algebra and maybe precalculus for another 3 credits each. I have not enrolled at any of the big 3, yet and was wondering if anyone knows TESC and COSC's policies on this matter?

As someone living and working in Scotland without a degree, when I first found the BA in 4 weeks website it really opened my eyes to a great opportunity. After a lot of searching I have contacted and confirmed two sites in London and Manchester for CLEP and DSST testing. I would be aiming just for an AA liberal arts degree in General Studies at this stage. The general CLEP exams would be next on my list, although there is a testing site for Uexcel in Scotland so the beta exams are also a great (free) chance to acquire credits.

Thanks guys!
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
Welcome!
I haven't been here long, but love how everyone helps each other out!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Posting a quick update on the Uexcel Calculus and Intro to Psychology exams as it's only fair.

The calculus exam was harder than expected - harder than the material suggested in the CLEP study guide. As with other candidates, there was a non-disclosure agreement involved but for the X exam it might be reasonable to suggest the following:

Time is of the essence, I barely finished all the questions in the time allotted and to be honest, I don't think I passed. Qualities of graphs, yes.

The Intro to Psychology exam was more along the expected lines, having also used the REA Intro to Psychology book. Finished with more than half the time allotted remaining.

Still interested in anyone's experiences of CLEP maths credit restrictions for TESC and COSC?

Good luck to anyone sitting these exams!
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,458 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,067 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  ASNSM Mathematics AOS Electives shadowgem 8 1,916 08-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,930 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,670 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,002 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,101 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,595 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,615 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom