Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!!
Big Grin 
So I asked the Registrar if I could take Study.com BUS-120 International Management course to fulfill the Business/Society requirement under the Professional Business Requirements for the BSBA in General Management. I asked because I saw that it was NCCRS approved and I really didn't want to take study.com's course BUS-308 Globalization and International Management because that has written assignments and I think their assignments are a pain in the ass and aren't explained very well.

Anyways, TESU did say that I could take BUS-120 and that it will come in as MAN-271 International Business Management and fulfill the Business/Society requirement. Yay so happy! Big Grin

If this information has already been posted somewhere then my apologies.
[-] The following 3 users Like lca88's post:
  • mc.christi, Toastmaster, Yenisei
I was just wondering about this! Just advised someone to take it - why take a harder course if you don't have to!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's odd. I asked TESU about this course about a month ago.

My question:
Will Study.Com's International Business, Business 120 course fulfill the International Management requirement?

TESU response:
"We have solved your issue

Good afternoon,

I hope you had a good weekend. Unfortunately, we do not accept Study.com's International Business credit."

Has anyone else gotten this course approved? Maybe I'll check back with TESU about it.
This is really awesome news! I'll email TESU as well so we can see how many yes's we can get so we're more sure lol
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
(12-02-2017, 06:18 PM)Btaylor89 Wrote: That's odd. I asked TESU about this course about a month ago.

My question:
Will Study.Com's International Business, Business 120 course fulfill the International Management requirement?

TESU response:
"We have solved your issue

Good afternoon,

I hope you had a good weekend. Unfortunately, we do not accept Study.com's International Business credit."

Has anyone else gotten this course approved? Maybe I'll check back with TESU about it.

It's a fairly recent addition, so maybe when you asked it wasn't ACE-approved yet? Or the person at TESU didn't know it was ACE-approved?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ECH90
I was told this morning that Study.com BUS-120 would work for the Business/Society requirement:

My question:  Would the Study.com BUS-120 International Management course fulfill the Business/Society requirement under the Professional Business Requirements for the BSBA in Accounting?

TESU answer:  Thank you for contacting the Office of Academic Advising.
The Study.com course Business 120 International Management can transfer as MAN-271 Introduction to International Management and can be used to completed the Business in Society/International Management requirement in the Business Core section of your degree.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

TESU BSBA Accounting and BSBA General Management - June 2018
They also confirmed the exact same thing with me, that it's accepted for Bus/Society req, transfers in as MAN 271. Awesome!
Graduated June 2018!
i just spoke with an advisor and she confirmed that study.com Business 120 will fulfill Business/Society core!!.
Wish I knew about this when I first took 308! It probably wasn't available though, because that was sometimes last year. :-) Great find OP!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Just some feedback for this course, International Management, through Study.com...it's GREAT, I recommend it to everyone for the Biz/Society requirement. Because of all the other related biz courses I've taken, I was able to power through it w/o too much difficulty. I did this course over Christmas break, maybe 3-5 nights of study and review, scored 94, although I'd venture a guess that it could take longer for someone unfamiliar with the material, but it's definitely doable, so go for it! TESU accepted it and put it in the Biz/Society requirement.
Graduated June 2018!
[-] The following 4 users Like keepsingin's post:
  • Cheeseburrito, Study.com, Toastmaster, Yenisei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 11,890 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU 2nd Area of Study mysonx3 20 4,184 08-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU gen. ed. algebra requirement alternatives? kietro 5 1,689 07-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,794 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,609 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,404 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,901 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat