Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite Test
im a history buff so my favorite test to study was The Vietnam War.

Least fave: Human Resource Management
-Kevin Cathy

Current Degrees:
B.A. in Liberal Studies (Thomas Edison State College)
A.A. in Business Administration (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Social Science (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Liberal Arts (Sacramento City College)
A.S. in Transportation (CCAF)

In Progress at Community College: Certificate of Achievement in Accounting

CLEPs/DSSTs taken & passed so far:
Principles of Supervision / Human Resource Management / Social Science & History / Here's To Your Health / Civil War & Reconstruction / Substance Abuse / Business Law II / Business Ethics and Society / Analyzing and Interpreting Literature / College Composition with Essay / Technical Writing / A History of the Vietnam War / College Mathematics / Introduction to World Religions

(54 credits in 7 months. Holla!)
OK, I have only taken 3 tests (so far) but my favorite hands down was American Literature.
Worst was Astronomy.
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
My favourite was the Humanities CLEP both to study for and take. Having heard of it as such a monster and being in the position of really needing humanities credits, it was the first test that I wasn't sure I could manage. As a result, spent a lot of time with IC and all the supplementary sources of study. On test day it was really satisfying to pick out little bits and pieces. Getting a 70 was a massive thrill, I must admit Smile

Least favourite at this moment in time is the Psychology GRE. It was an unexpected start which became a rushed effort and absolutely consumed all my available thinking time. The books, the mindmaps, creating and rehearsing meaningful mneumonics, practice tests, mp3 podcasts and flashcards on the ipod filled every spare moment. It's difficult to get involved with the material without becoming attached to it. The test itself was tough and to think that I may have spent two and a half months busting for not many credits when other things could have been done is frustrating Smile
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
ZsaZsa Wrote:Favorite? Humanities- studied like a fiend for a couple of months...took the test and realized I could have passed it based on 50 years of eclectic reading and hobbies.
Haha: same experience. Studied like crazy for over a month, took the test, got the same score as you, realized the same thing. Still, I'll take the good score.

My favorite exam, however, would probably be the Literature in English GRE. A bear of an exam, but so rewarding.

Least favorite: College Algebra
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
My favorite exams are Humanities, Personal Fin, and Tech Writing.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Though I put myself in a position to where I didn't study anywhere near what I should have for it and did poorly on it (compared to what I could have done), the test that most captured my attention was the GRE subject Psych test. Even through I did craptasmically on it, it really cemented the fact that I want to be involved in the field of Psychology, and helped me push myself harder.

In the same vein, I really enjoyed the Abnormal Psych ECE as well (even though I was woefully under prepared for that, but was able to use my accumulated knowledge and deductive reasoning abilities to come out with an A.)

The tests that I really disliked were the College Math CLEP, the Research Methods ECE (While I love the field of Psych, I hate the statistics involved, and the fact that I got a B on it dropped me from Summa Cum Laude to Magna Cum Laude, but hey... Tongue ), and the UExcel College Writing - But that was certainly better than having to sit through English 101 over 4 months...
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Speed Reading Test. NOBODY Can Pass Level 10 LevelUP 0 485 04-10-2023, 12:27 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Do You Have ADHD? Here's A Test LevelUP 7 760 02-08-2023, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Problems posting test scores sparky134 0 536 05-25-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: sparky134
  Physics GRE Subject Test Does Not Predict PhD Completion sanantone 10 2,119 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Is there a time limit when completing your clep test? Clarebugg 12 3,886 12-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: desireelws50
  DSST Test center open on Sundays in Maryland subhuman 0 1,084 09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Last Post: subhuman
  Saturday Test Center in MD? subhuman 1 1,035 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  What's your favorite sport? HorseManiac 19 2,646 07-27-2015, 05:10 AM
Last Post: dewisant
  "U.S. millennials post ‘abysmal’ scores in tech skills test, lag behind foreign peers lavagirl 30 5,110 03-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Favorite Classic Literature? swf 10 1,638 09-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Last Post: ZsaZsa