Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Pearson Testing Center
I was wondering if it was difficult for anyone else to find time slots to schedule Excelsior College Exams at their Pearson Testing Center? Mine has been especially difficult for me this month. There are maybe four apointments open per week, nearly all at 8AM near the end of the week while I'm working. I schedule my appointments usually a month or more in advance, and the calendars are still booked up. I look ahead two, three months in advance and see the same pattern. I have rescheduled two appointments in the past and noticed that the old appointments did not open back up on the online calendar. And one more odd thing I noticed: there are usually 3-4 open computers every time I test, even if the calendar shows it booked. What gives? :confused:
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
I don't know what the deal is either, but I have the same problem and there's usually a few empty chairs.

One ECE to go. I won't miss Pearson!
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Katterina Wrote:I was wondering if it was difficult for anyone else to find time slots to schedule Excelsior College Exams at their Pearson Testing Center? Mine has been especially difficult for me this month. There are maybe four apointments open per week, nearly all at 8AM near the end of the week while I'm working. I schedule my appointments usually a month or more in advance, and the calendars are still booked up. I look ahead two, three months in advance and see the same pattern. I have rescheduled two appointments in the past and noticed that the old appointments did not open back up on the online calendar. And one more odd thing I noticed: there are usually 3-4 open computers every time I test, even if the calendar shows it booked. What gives? :confused:
EXACTLY - what gives. It's the same for me!!! And then I get there and there are plenty of open seats. I wanted to post earlier but I only had one test to go and didn't want to jinx it. hilarious
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Was that an informal way of saying you finished? [SIZE="5"]CONGRATULATIONS!!!! [/SIZE]What...no speech? Big Grin
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Sheesh, I just checked to see if I could move the date up on my next exam and there aren't ANY appointments open for the rest of the month and it's only the 13th! I guess I'll keep my appointment. :confused:
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
I have never taken a Excelsior exam but i did take my nursing boards through them and had the same problem there was not test open anywhere within 30 miles of my house unless I wanted to wait 3 months. I actually called to schedule my appointment and bamm there was a opening in 2 weeks at the center 10 miles from my house (the internet said it was booked). I would definetly recommend calling it can't hurt.
I'm a Pearson proctor for our local test center (Not the same place that I take my CLEPs/ECE's) Wink That's at the Naval College and our local branch of Columbia.

At the Pearson center, we handle mostly certifications like Comptia, Cisco, and until recently, Microsoft. One thing I have noticed, most of the time the online schedules are completely jacked. I'll have five people booked, but only two on the server's site manager. I'll usually let people who can't find a spot online walk in the day of testing and I'll schedule it then. Provided we have the spots available, why not? I'm going to be there for the alloted time anyway, and I'd much rather let someone get their test done then sit there staring at an empty room. You might want to see if the proctors there will allow you to do the same.

If not, I'd go with what Melissa suggested and give the 800 number a call. They'll be able to see exactly what that particular test center has scheduled, and put you in an empty slot if there's one available.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
I hate to dredge up an old thread but I didn't feel like starting a new one was necessary. This concerns me because I have very limited time to take this exam and get it into TESC for processing. I CANNOT afford to wait three months for a slot to open up to sit. I hope my local testing centers have more availability than what you guys have encountered. Honestly I would like to have this exam taken ASAP.
I have one ECE in my schedule, but I was going to wait until march or April.Sad

Can you just call your local test center to schedule this or do you have to do it through Excelsior? :confused:

Can any Pearson testing center do it? I have at least 5 within 90 min of me can I go to any one?:willynilly:

I have a tight schedule if I have to wait a month or two to take the ECE it could screw up the whole thing.:toetap:

Please, I would love to get a better idea about this from someone who has done it.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:I have one ECE in my schedule, but I was going to wait until march or April.Sad

Can you just call your local test center to schedule this or do you have to do it through Excelsior? :confused:

Can any Pearson testing center do it? I have at least 5 within 90 min of me can I go to any one?:willynilly:

I have a tight schedule if I have to wait a month or two to take the ECE it could screw up the whole thing.:toetap:

Please, I would love to get a better idea about this from someone who has done it.

That's what I'm concerned about as well Linda. I need to get this thing scheduled ASAP so I can get it sent to TESC for processing. April 1 will be here before I know it and I don't have time to waste. I'm dealing with the same issue for Penn Foster. It takes a week to get the proctor approved, a week for them to get the test in, a week to have the grade reviewed, a few days for ACE to transcript it, a few days for the transcript to get to TESC, and then God knows by then it could be too late. I'm getting stressed about this for sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pearson acquires Spotlight! bjcheung77 0 601 03-30-2021, 12:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just testing my new signature... zapproximator 28 4,681 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bmoyer83
  CompTIA (A+, Net+, Sec+ etc) to start offering online testing (via ProctorU) jsd 1 2,451 03-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 25BangBang
  DSST Test center open on Sundays in Maryland subhuman 0 1,087 09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Last Post: subhuman
  Saturday Test Center in MD? subhuman 1 1,041 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Call Center Opinions? videogamesrock 10 1,743 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Mom Hospitalized - Had to Suspend Plans Testing For Now... SuZQ2 3 903 11-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  14yr old testing college courses? BELLA 9 1,636 07-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  How did you learn about testing out of your degree? Empyrean24 36 5,634 03-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Your favorte quick/easy dinners for busy testing times? OpenRoot 9 1,448 01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku