Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apus & Docnet?
Okay, I'm new here. Long time reader, first time poster. Smile

I'm a student at American Military University (American Public University System), and have recently completed about a dozen DOCNET courses. After conducting a search of this forum, I found that previously students were awarded 1 SH per DOCNET course completed.

Today, I got my transfer credit evaluation back from the evaluators who tell me my 12 completed DOCNET courses do NOT even equal 1 complete SH!

Is this new??? Just wondering if anyone ran into this...
MP_Steve Wrote:Okay, I'm new here. Long time reader, first time poster. Smile

I'm a student at American Military University (American Public University System), and have recently completed about a dozen DOCNET courses. After conducting a search of this forum, I found that previously students were awarded 1 SH per DOCNET course completed.

Today, I got my transfer credit evaluation back from the evaluators who tell me my 12 completed DOCNET courses do NOT even equal 1 complete SH!

Is this new??? Just wondering if anyone ran into this...

Did you have to pay for those, and what are they?
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
CLEP101 Wrote:Did you have to pay for those, and what are they?

Doctrine Networked Education & Training. They're free and most are available to the public.

It's military online training I believe thru the Joint Chiefs of Staff. APUS used to award credit for it. I'm trying to figure out what happened.
APUS - 64 SH
UNITAR/POTI - 22 SH
AARTS/ACE - 6 SH
DOCNET - *Doesn't carry the weight that DOCNET claims it does*
FEMA - Currently taking courses
CLEP - Studying
MP_Steve Wrote:Doctrine Networked Education & Training. They're free and most are available to the public.

It's military online training I believe thru the Joint Chiefs of Staff. APUS used to award credit for it. I'm trying to figure out what happened.

Check to see if they are ACE approved or can get ACE approved, maybe you can get them in to APUS/AMU that way, probably as electives.

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

CLEP101 Wrote:Check to see if they are ACE approved or can get ACE approved, maybe you can get them in to APUS/AMU that way, probably as electives.

Been there, done that already. My original question was what happened to APUS NO LONGER taking them at the 1 SH per certificate like people on here posted previously. They're not carrying the same weight they used to.
APUS - 64 SH
UNITAR/POTI - 22 SH
AARTS/ACE - 6 SH
DOCNET - *Doesn't carry the weight that DOCNET claims it does*
FEMA - Currently taking courses
CLEP - Studying
MP_Steve Wrote:Been there, done that already. My original question was what happened to APUS NO LONGER taking them at the 1 SH per certificate like people on here posted previously. They're not carrying the same weight they used to.

Easy way to find out if no one can help you here is to go directly to the source. Shoot the school an email or call them, I'm sure you'll get the answer that way.

CLEPs Passed
DSSTs Passed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have any of you taken a class with American Public University (APUS) lately? Kelly Green 6 2,220 12-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  AMU/APUS releasing Doctoral program videogamesrock 5 1,498 05-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  AMU/APUS and a written appeal for readmission... hightecrebel 0 689 10-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel
  APU / AMU / APUS equivalencies defscarlett 0 619 10-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: defscarlett
  APUS Question koenigtv 2 612 09-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  APUS Credit By Examination Guides Nerheim50 1 609 07-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Being Bombarded by Ads from CSU Online Plus and APUS sanantone 11 1,380 04-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  APUS NA credit transfers? sevyn220 1 650 09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
  block transfer into APUS cookderosa 4 1,165 07-12-2011, 05:16 PM
  Grad school! I LOVE APUS so far! studyhard 3 1,045 01-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Katterina