Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer science 115 intro to java study.com
had a lot of quizzes for this course completed, so I decided to just go for it.
Mainly wanted to comment on the assignment.  
If you have a basic understanding of for, if/else if/else/while loops and arrays, you'll be able to do it easily.  

Finished the entire program in a little under an hour while watching Bojack horseman on Netflix lol.  I've been programming in java for about 4 years now though.
If anyone has any questions about the assignment feel free to comment on this post and I'll answer when I can.  Stackoverflow is another great option if your stuck at any part.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • TwinMom
i know a little bit about C programming and i took the C course on study.com and my experience with it was that you couldn't learn C from it but if you knew C it was fine

is that the case here or do you think someone could learn Java from the course?
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

I am a firm believer that once you learn one computer programming language, picking up others is straight forward. You just have to learn “computer talk.” Everything else will be just slight difference in the way you create variables or the proper syntax for if statements and things of that nature. If you already have a base knowledge in programming languages, this course should not be difficult at all and will provide you with every thing you need to understand basic Java.
For the person that has no programming experience, there is enough info, but you will need to train your brain to think in a different way.
The way I first learned java was every lesson I had, I would open the integrated development environment and write code based on the lesson I just did. This always did a great job of reenforcing the content for me.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

I recently completed this thinking it was a pretty easy assignment and was disappointed to get a grade of 76%. I was convinced I was going to ace it.

The part that let me down the most was "coding efficiency" where I scored 10/20 "The code is brute force an unnecessarily long".

I know what this means but I honestly think the my code was pretty efficient. I'd love to get some feedback but unfortunately this is where SDC really falls down. I've emailed them and it seems impossible to get any real feedback on anything.
Shorten it to the best of your ability and swing again.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,275 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,576 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 539 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM