Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help planning Assoc. business from tesc
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum so excuse me for if I posted in the wrong section.

I'm working towards completing the Associates business management degree from TESC on a tight budget. I'd like to use as many CLEP, DSST's and any similar type exams as I can. So far I've completed the following cleps:

Analyzing and Interpreting literature- 6 credits
Intro to Sociology- 3 credits
College Math -6 credits
U.S. History I- 3 credits
Western Civ. I - 3 credits
Western Civ. II - 3 credits

I need help developing a degree plan. The above course I took somewhat "blind" not really knowing where or if they all even apply towards the degree I've now settled on.

How much of this degree can I complete before enrolling on TESC? Also, can anyone give a rough estimate of what this might cost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You could complete all the requirements before enrolling. But I would highly recommend enrolling early on with TESC under the Per Credit tuition plan. That way you run a lower risk of taking credits that will not transfer. The PC tuition plan has a residency requirement of 12 TESC credits, thus I've listed at least 4 TECEPs below. If you'd like to have a TESC GPA on your transcript, you'd have to take a TESC course. That would come up to around an additional $1500.

CLEP College Composition ($80 + proctor fees)
College Mathematics (Completed)
Western Civilization I (Completed)
CLEP Microeconomics ($80 + proctor fees)
TECEP Environmental Ethics ($111)
Intro to Sociology (Completed)
TECEP World History from 1600 to Present ($111)
Western Civilization II (Completed)
TECEP Principles of Financial Accounting ($111)
TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting ($111)
SAYLOR Business Law and Ethics ($25)
SAYLOR Principles of Management ($25)
SAYLOR Principles of Marketing ($25)
SAYLOR Introduction to Computer Science I ($25)
SAYLOR Business Statistics ($25)
SAYLOR Managerial Communications ($25)
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (Completed)

Total 60 credits

OVERFLOW: US History I (Completed)
Great list, Laughter! Just a couple of updates: You will need College Algebra (ALEKS or Saylor are the cheapest options), and the TECEPs Marriage and the Family or Psychology of Women will count for the diversity elective credit. TECEP World History and CLEP Western Civilization II are duplicate credits IIRC. And OP, the extra hours you've taken will all count for a BSBA when you are ready. Smile

TESC BSBA General Management
I. General Education Requirements

1. CLEP College Composition 6 ($80 + proctor fees)
2. ALEKS College Algebra 3
3. College Mathematics 3 (+3 overage) (Completed)
4. Western Civilization I 3 (Completed)
5. CLEP Microeconomics 3 ($80 + proctor fees)
6. TECEP Environmental Ethics 3 ($111)
7. Intro to Sociology 3 (Completed)
8. TECEP Psychology of Women or Marriage and the Family 3 (diversity) ($111)
9. Western Civilization II 3 (Completed)
10. TECEP Principles of Financial Accounting 3 ($111)
11. TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 ($111)
12. SAYLOR Business Law and Ethics 3 ($25)
13. SAYLOR Principles of Management 3 ($25)
14. SAYLOR Principles of Marketing 3 ($25)
15. SAYLOR Introduction to Computer Science I 3 ($25)
16. SAYLOR Business Statistics 3 ($25)
17. SAYLOR Managerial Communications 3 ($25)
18. Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 6 (Completed)

Total 60 credits

OVERFLOW: US History I (Completed), College Mathematics 3 (Completed)
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thanks for the correction, KayV!
Awesome. Thanks so much. Let me make sure I understand this right: I must complete a minimum of four courses from Thomas Edison ( TECEPs) totaling 12 credits. I'm confused a little over the cost of the TECEP courses though. Above their listed as $111 each but if I'm understanding the Thomas Edison website correct its $491 per credit???
Here's a link to the page I'm referring to:Per Credit Tuition Plan

Also if I go for the per credit plan tuition plan is there an enrollment fee?

Thanks,
E-packs and online and guided study courses are $491 per credit hour. TECEPs are always $111 for non-residents. There is no enrollment fee under the Per Credit Tuition Plan.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Theoretically if someone just wanted to take a TECEP, what fees would they be charged other than the $111. I mean, is there much more to it if someone isn't enrolled at TESC?
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
JTP Wrote:Theoretically if someone just wanted to take a TECEP, what fees would they be charged other than the $111. I mean, is there much more to it if someone isn't enrolled at TESC?

Hopefully this is still the process, the last time someone posted on the subject was 2013.. At the time there was no charge other than for the TECEP exams. You would first need apply as a non matriculated student (application fee waived). See the following thread & GoodYellowDogs post for details. http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post143136

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
'CoonMan Wrote:Let me make sure I understand this right: I must complete a minimum of four courses from Thomas Edison ( TECEPs) totaling 12 credits.
Yes, you're correct. To complete an Associates degree under the Per Credit tuition plan, the residency requirement is 12 TESC credits.

Quote:I'm confused a little over the cost of the TECEP courses though. Above their listed as $111 each but if I'm understanding the Thomas Edison website correct its $491 per credit???
Here's a link to the page I'm referring to:Per Credit Tuition Plan
The $491 per credit refers to course credits (from e-Packs/guided study/online course). For the TECEPs, the fees are $37 per credit (thus $111 for a 3-credit TECEP).

Quote:Also if I go for the per credit plan tuition plan is there an enrollment fee?
No, there is no enrollment fee as you're paying on a per credit basis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,024 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,545 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,828 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,682 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,464 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,633 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,976 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,922 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,569 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore