Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long does it take TESU to 'receive' my transcripts to do an academic evaluation?
So, I applied for my CLEP and International IELTS to be mailed last month, and I sent in my ACE credley transcript and DSST parchment transcript by email a few weeks ago.

I applied to TESU 10 days ago and I'm certain everything I mentioned above is already at TESU but I have no idea what the acceptable waiting time is for them to 'receive' the transcripts in order to evaluate it, as my admissions counselor keep telling me they haven't received it, which made me a little concerned. 

My IELTS is set to expire end of JAN 2021 so I'm most worried about when they're put that on my record as I don't want to retake again.

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thank you

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
TESU usually evaluates transcripts within about a week of receiving them. This can vary quite a bit, though. Between the holidays and everything else going on right now, the mail system is a bit... iffy. They'll have the ACE and DSST stuff for sure but I am not confident that, even after a month, paper transcripts would actually be at TESU and in the hands of someone who can do something about it. I don't suppose you were provided with any sort of tracking number for your IELTS?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-16-2020, 02:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU usually evaluates transcripts within about a week of receiving them. This can vary quite a bit, though. Between the holidays and everything else going on right now, the mail system is a bit... iffy. They'll have the ACE and DSST stuff for sure but I am not confident that, even after a month, paper transcripts would actually be at TESU and in the hands of someone who can do something about it. I don't suppose you were provided with any sort of tracking number for your IELTS?

OMG.. did you see the email just sent out by TESU on Transfer Credit Policy Revision? only 90 credits total from any outside source from Jan 1st,2021 onwards... this completely messes with my plans

(12-16-2020, 03:07 PM)elenlushk Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 02:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU usually evaluates transcripts within about a week of receiving them. This can vary quite a bit, though. Between the holidays and everything else going on right now, the mail system is a bit... iffy. They'll have the ACE and DSST stuff for sure but I am not confident that, even after a month, paper transcripts would actually be at TESU and in the hands of someone who can do something about it. I don't suppose you were provided with any sort of tracking number for your IELTS?

OMG.. did you see the email just sent out by TESU on Transfer Credit Policy Revision? only 90 credits total from any outside source from Jan 1st,2021 onwards... this completely messes with my plans
I just got it too. This sucks that it's limiting all ACE and NCCRS sources.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(12-16-2020, 03:07 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

I just got it too. This sucks that it's limiting all ACE and NCCRS sources.

yeah, even with CLEP and DSSTs! I'm so frazzled right now by this

This is absolutely awful.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming

It's not 90 limit from "any outside source." It's 90 limit on non regionally accredited sources.  They are encouraging of course to take the other 30 from them, but they still accept from " accredited higher education institutions" toward the 114.   No mention that the residency waiver is gone so the 114 limit is still there.  right?

same thing COSC did.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Makes you wonder what happened to make them want to change things like this.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(12-16-2020, 03:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This is absolutely awful.

Time to edit the wiki, huh?
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(12-16-2020, 03:26 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 03:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This is absolutely awful.

Time to edit the wiki, huh?

As soon as I can do it without swearing vociferously.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 101 Yesterday, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 780 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 243 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,628 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 418 04-22-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 645 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 578 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 289 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,349 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 257 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM