Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low tuition DBA/PhD. program business in USA
Hello,

Anyone recommend an accredited online University for Doctorate/Ph.D. Degree in Business?
Which University in the United States is a low tuition fee, low credit per unit in the United States?
Hey, Sulkiahha, just wondering... where are you from?
Where have you completed your Bachelors/Masters and in what fields?
What's an acceptable amount you're looking at?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-17-2020, 01:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, Sulkiahha, just wondering... where are you from?  

Thank you for your response.

I completed MBA in U.S. and my budget for Doctoral around $30,000.
(01-17-2020, 02:19 AM)Sulkiahha Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 01:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, Sulkiahha, just wondering... where are you from?  

I have been researching doctoral programs for the last month or two. Picking a good doctoral program has a lot to do with why you are pursuing a doctoral degree to begin with.

A DBA is primarily a professional certification, though honestly, few corporate or government jobs require more than an MBA. So most people get DBA's for personal reasons. This usually means they want to give their career a boost by adding an uncommon professional credential. It also means you can ask people to call you Doctor. However, if you're looking at starting on a doctorate degree because you think you may want to teach or work in academia, then you might want to consider a PhD or DPhil in Business, rather than a DBA. That is the gold standard credential for academic work. If you want to teach at a ranked school, you'll also want to look for business schools with AACSB accredited PhD programs.

Either way, remember that you're looking at a 3-6 year time investment and you'll spend a lot of your time in research and working closely with your mentor and advisors, so you need to make sure to have a good idea of what you plan to research before you choose the school. This is because you want to select a school that is best suited to supporting your research and end goal.

In any case, there are a ton of options out there for doctoral programs. If you're looking at online programs in the USA only, the least expensive schools with regional accredited DBA or PhD in Business/Management/Leadership programs (the ones I've found anyway) include:
  • University of the Cumberlands – DBA, PhD in Leadership, PhD in Business
  • California Southern University – DBA
  • Trident University International – DBA
  • Grand Canyon University – DBA
  • Concordia University – DBA, PhD in Leadership
  • Thomas Edison State University – DBA
  • Walden University – DBA
  • Johnson & Wales University – DBA
There are tons of other options as well, but I limited that list to $50K and under.

The University of the Cumberlands' PhD in Leadership is the overall least expensive at $25,500 not including books. In fact, if you're looking to stay under $30K, that is the only school that makes the list. The next cheapest is California Southern University's DBA which comes in at $32,700 not including books.

If you're open to UK schools, then you can also add the following that come in at around $30K or under...
  • Teesside University: DBA @ $25,834 USD
  • Heriot-Watt University: DBA or PhD in Business @ $30,712 USD
  • University of Leicester – DPhil/PhD in Management @ $32,627 USD
Most of the better schools, and all the AACSB ones, are over $70K estimated tuition for the complete program and only a few offer online programs. However, some of those are subsidized degrees that may include a grant, fellowship, or teaching assistantship to help reduce the cost of tuition. You'd have to be on campus to qualify though.

I'm looking for a research-based PhD program myself. Ideally one that I can complete online (or at least only require a few residency visits) that I can either complete for under $50K or that I can qualify for tuition assistance in some way. I'm looking at both business programs and tech (CS, DS, and IT) programs.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • SomeRandomAccountant, Sulkiahha
The University of the Cumberlands has a PhD in Leadership Studies with a concentration in Business, total cost of $25,500, online, and regionally accredited. Roughly 3 year completion time. https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/g...ip/tuition
[-] The following 2 users Like DeanLewis's post:
  • hsfamfun, Sulkiahha
(01-17-2020, 02:47 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:19 AM)Sulkiahha Wrote:

I have been researching doctoral programs for the last month or two. Picking a good doctoral program has a lot to do with why you are pursuing a doctoral degree to begin with.

A DBA is primarily a professional certification, though honestly, few corporate or government jobs require more than an MBA. So most people get DBA's for personal reasons. This usually means they want to give their career a boost by adding an uncommon professional credential. It also means you can ask people to call you Doctor. However, if you're looking at starting on a doctorate degree because you think you may want to teach or work in academia, then you might want to consider a PhD or DPhil in Business, rather than a DBA. That is the gold standard credential for academic work. If you want to teach at a ranked school, you'll also want to look for business schools with AACSB accredited PhD programs.

Either way, remember that you're looking at a 3-6 year time investment and you'll spend a lot of your time in research and working closely with your mentor and advisors, so you need to make sure to have a good idea of what you plan to research before you choose the school. This is because you want to select a school that is best suited to supporting your research and end goal.

In any case, there are a ton of options out there for doctoral programs. If you're looking at online programs in the USA only, the least expensive schools with regional accredited DBA or PhD in Business/Management/Leadership programs (the ones I've found anyway) include:
  • University of the Cumberlands – DBA, PhD in Leadership, PhD in Business
  • California Southern University – DBA
  • Trident University International – DBA
  • Grand Canyon University – DBA
  • Concordia University – DBA, PhD in Leadership
  • Thomas Edison State University – DBA
  • Walden University – DBA
  • Johnson & Wales University – DBA
There are tons of other options as well, but I limited that list to $50K and under.

The University of the Cumberlands' PhD in Leadership is the overall least expensive at $25,500 not including books. In fact, if you're looking to stay under $30K, that is the only school that makes the list. The next cheapest is California Southern University's DBA which comes in at $32,700 not including books.

If you're open to UK schools, then you can also add the following that come in at around $30K or under...
  • Teesside University: DBA @ $25,834 USD
  • Heriot-Watt University: DBA or PhD in Business @ $30,712 USD
  • University of Leicester – DPhil/PhD in Management @ $32,627 USD
Most of the better schools, and all the AACSB ones, are over $70K estimated tuition for the complete program and only a few offer online programs. However, some of those are subsidized degrees that may include a grant, fellowship, or teaching assistantship to help reduce the cost of tuition. You'd have to be on campus to qualify though.

I'm looking for a research-based PhD program myself. Ideally one that I can complete online (or at least only require a few residency visits) that I can either complete for under $50K or that I can qualify for tuition assistance in some way. I'm looking at both business programs and tech (CS, DS, and IT) programs.

Thank you for your information.

(01-17-2020, 11:01 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: The University of the Cumberlands has a PhD in Leadership Studies with a concentration in Business, total cost of $25,500, online, and regionally accredited. Roughly 3 year completion time. https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/g...ip/tuition

Thank you for your information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 804 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,398 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  International Business Academy of Scandinavia DBA adrian052 4 517 01-10-2024, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 756 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  advice sought on doctoral program EducationSeeker 9 1,199 10-29-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,177 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
Question Absolute cheapest online JD program? Randyb100 22 11,436 10-23-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: nkout1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,725 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 2,679 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,646 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain