Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my unofficial transcript - your profound wisdom
(02-20-2020, 11:14 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:19 AM)Max007 Wrote: I'm not seeing a BSLS at COSC.  Am I missing something?

Irrespective of institution (as long as big 3), and these programs (BALS, BSBA, or BSLS); I should be able to find every course I need to graduate, both lower and upper level, via study.com, et. al, correct?

That residency waiver is definitely a killer.

I didn't specify degree.  I just mentioned BS.  I am aware a BSBA is not the prerequisite for an MBA.

Yes, for a BALS/BSLS or BSBA at any of the Big 3, you should be able to easily find alternative coursework.

At COSC, for the General Studies degree (and some other degrees as well), you can choose whether you want a BA or BS.  The BA requires 90cr of Liberal Arts, and the BS requires 60cr of LA.  The remaining credits can be non-liberal arts.

What subjects qualify as liberal arts?
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
(02-22-2020, 04:45 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 11:14 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:19 AM)Max007 Wrote: I'm not seeing a BSLS at COSC.  Am I missing something?

Irrespective of institution (as long as big 3), and these programs (BALS, BSBA, or BSLS); I should be able to find every course I need to graduate, both lower and upper level, via study.com, et. al, correct?

That residency waiver is definitely a killer.

I didn't specify degree.  I just mentioned BS.  I am aware a BSBA is not the prerequisite for an MBA.

Yes, for a BALS/BSLS or BSBA at any of the Big 3, you should be able to easily find alternative coursework.

At COSC, for the General Studies degree (and some other degrees as well), you can choose whether you want a BA or BS.  The BA requires 90cr of Liberal Arts, and the BS requires 60cr of LA.  The remaining credits can be non-liberal arts.

What subjects qualify as liberal arts?

https://www.charteroak.edu/current/acade...ements.php
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I've reapplied, and am awaiting my TESU academic eval. Is it considered a faux pas to speak of ACE credits with an academic evaluator/advisor? I'll post the evaluation as soon as I receive. I plan to hit the ground running once my final classes are set. Just want to make certain I choose the appropriate alternative credits.
(02-26-2020, 06:12 PM)Max007 Wrote: I've reapplied, and am awaiting my TESU academic eval.  Is it considered a faux pas to speak of ACE credits with an academic evaluator/advisor?  I'll post the evaluation as soon as I receive.  I plan to hit the ground running once my final classes are set.  Just want to make certain I choose the appropriate alternative credits.

No, discussing them with advising is just fine, you just have to understand their limitations. You can ask the advisor how a particular ACE course will transfer in and get a decent answer, but you won't have much luck asking them to suggest ACE courses. If you ask what course will work for your Ethics requirement, for example, they will only mention their own courses.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Max007
(02-27-2020, 12:07 AM)davewill Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 06:12 PM)Max007 Wrote: I've reapplied, and am awaiting my TESU academic eval.  Is it considered a faux pas to speak of ACE credits with an academic evaluator/advisor?  I'll post the evaluation as soon as I receive.  I plan to hit the ground running once my final classes are set.  Just want to make certain I choose the appropriate alternative credits.

Any and all advice is appreciated.  My apologies for the plethora of screenshots.  Thank you kindly for your response, Dave.

What is this about students MUST take SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy at Thomas Edison State University?

I also don't see a cornerstone. 

(02-27-2020, 11:20 PM)Max007 Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 12:07 AM)davewill Wrote:

Any and all advice is appreciated.  My apologies for the plethora of screenshots.  Thank you kindly for your response, Dave.

What is this about students MUST take SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy at Thomas Edison State University?

I also don't see a cornerstone. 

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot (3).png (Size: 243.23 KB / Downloads: 25)
.png   Screenshot (4).png (Size: 253.79 KB / Downloads: 24)
.png   Screenshot (5).png (Size: 230.81 KB / Downloads: 24)
.png   Screenshot (6).png (Size: 286.14 KB / Downloads: 20)
.png   Screenshot (7).png (Size: 289.72 KB / Downloads: 19)
.png   Screenshot (8).png (Size: 214.42 KB / Downloads: 25)
.png   Screenshot (9).png (Size: 254.38 KB / Downloads: 24)
.png   Screenshot (10).png (Size: 254.18 KB / Downloads: 21)
First off, the Capstone and Cornerstone requirement must be completed at TESU. So the Cornerstone is the SOS-110 you are referring to in your post. You can't transfer either of these two in for the 2019a/2020 catalog year, the last year to have the course transferable for the Cornerstone or by taking the 1 credit TES-100 Cornerstone was the 2018 catalog year.

Max007 - This is just the BALS, can you do one for the BSBA General Management? Can you also make sure you do the "other courses" at the bottom as that may be a critical item. There maybe courses that can be re-used as some of those may have been overlooked. I highly suggest keeping with the BALS if you have more credits, but if BSBA is your calling, you can try that as well.

You're so close to the BALS degree with 97 credits, you can complete the FREE Ethics course to get that requirement completed, see the Wiki for FREE courses, complete them all if you wanted to since it's FREE and a good learning option for TEEX Cybersecurity. For Civic Engagement, take American Government - CLEP/StraighterLine/Study.com, take your pick.

The easiest UL for you right now is to quickly complete the TEEX Death Investigation course for $75, it's 3 UL CJ credits. Then you can take UL Communications/History/Psychology/Sociology or whatever you want from Study.com to finish your course load, just 3 more and you're done (I suggest History 308 as it's short).

Attach the BSBA, I want to see what you're missing! If you have tuition assistance, decide how you want to do the Capstone and Cornerstone, you may want to do both courses together if work will pay for it. I forget, are you Active Military?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you so much for your response, BJ... again.

I did not know the SOS-110 was the cornerstone. Duh. Thank you. I am aware that both cap and cornerstone need to be completed through TESU.

I'll take a swipe at generating a BSBA GM plan. I'm all about reusing courses. I may also look at what a BA in psychology would entail, for the heck of it.

Unfortunately, I am not active military.

So It looks as though I need 6 courses with corner and capstone to complete my BALS.
Please correct me if I'm wrong:

(2 LL)
1LL - Ethical leadership/ETH-230 ethics in digital age or equivalent
2LL - Civic engagement/POS-110 American government or equivalent

4 UL - I thought about taking them all in psychology. However, it appears as though I need to spread these classes out over 2 areas according to this statement; "At least TWO or more different areas must be included within the entire Concentration to provide breadth of knowledge in the Liberal Studies Area."

1 cornerstone - SOS-110
1 capstone - LIB-495

I believe dfrecore pretty much nailed this, originally. Props.

Thank you all again for your past, present, and future input. It is truly invaluable.
Max007 Wrote:4 UL - I thought about taking them all in psychology. However, it appears as though I need to spread these classes out over 2 areas according to this statement; "At least TWO or more different areas must be included within the entire Concentration to provide breadth of knowledge in the Liberal Studies Area."

As I mentioned in the post above, you can take whatever you want for your BALS AOS UL, this current evaluation you have is for a BALS with NO concentration. You can take the UL courses in Psychology from Study.com if you want a UL Social Sciences, coincidentally - the other courses I recommend in post #26 will all make up the Social Sciences concentration.

TESU BALS Psychology Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/psychology1
TESU BALS Social Science Link: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/social-sciences1
Example of Social Science courses: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...r#Cultures
Anyways, the TEEX Death Investigation course is a AOJ (Criminal Justice) so it fits exactly!

First/final step: Email TESU to change your degree plan from No concentration to Social Science. You have 1 UL Psych, 2 LL Psych/Sociology courses, you need 3 more courses to hit the SS requirements of 18 credits. So, 3 UL SS and the TEEX to finish the UL and remainder of the degree requirements. Voila!

Now, if you're really into a BALS-Psych, you can, but review the link above for the requirements, I'm not sure you will hit all 18 Psych requirements with just taking 4 more UL courses. If Social Science is good enough, that's my suggestion, but if a BALS-Psych is your calling, just take the remainder of the missing courses, Ta-da!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hello all.  Just a quick update with a couple of questions.  I immediately began the ethics course BJ and Dfrecore spoke of.  Not long after completion, COVID came through in a major way, upending much in my life.
When I received this letter from TESU, I became very disheartened, and placed finishing on hold.  However, am I reading this incorrectly?  Does this change anything with regard to my plan?  Perhaps I just misinterpreted it's intended meaning.

.png   Screenshot (20).png (Size: 257.34 KB / Downloads: 33)
As always, thank you all in advance for any and all insight or suggestions.
I sincerely value your opinions.

Max

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BACS or BSCIS transcript after graduation KMcLean 4 383 10-23-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI transcript evaluation advice dadof3 2 489 08-17-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is there a way to add a course to TESU transcript after graduating? QueenD 3 541 11-26-2022, 07:09 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  OK... transcript evals from each of big 3. Help w/decision, please?! :) studyingfortests 4 1,076 05-13-2021, 03:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions and Advice for Unofficial Credit Evaluation DegreeBy2023 10 1,600 03-25-2021, 09:16 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Sophia Classes and NYPD Academy Transcript mdel210201 8 1,935 09-23-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Transcript eval assistance to CBE school OldQuackKonobe 6 1,533 03-12-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore