Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinions on SSBM DBA program?
These are the same university. The link for the DBA program is at https://www.montpellier-bs.com/internati...online-en/. Keep in mind that they do not accept US student loans so you would have to use a private loan, tuition reimbursement, and I don' think Sallie Mae will work at this university. There is an organization out of India called Paras Organization that is looking at providing loans. The cost is about 24,000 EU or about $25,000 USD for the whole degree.
(07-20-2022, 12:14 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: These are the same university. The link for the DBA program is at https://www.montpellier-bs.com/internati...online-en/. Keep in mind that they do not accept US student loans so you would have to use a private loan, tuition reimbursement, and I don' think Sallie Mae will work at this university. There is an organization out of India called Paras Organization that is looking at providing loans. The cost is about 24,000 EU or about $25,000 USD for the whole degree.

Yes, I had see this one. Thank you.

The DBA of a the Paris School of Business is around 31,000 Euros.
And the DBA at the Toulouse Business School is 32,000 Euros.
(07-20-2022, 12:52 PM)MrPanda Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 12:14 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: These are the same university. The link for the DBA program is at https://www.montpellier-bs.com/internati...online-en/. Keep in mind that they do not accept US student loans so you would have to use a private loan, tuition reimbursement, and I don' think Sallie Mae will work at this university. There is an organization out of India called Paras Organization that is looking at providing loans. The cost is about 24,000 EU or about $25,000 USD for the whole degree.

Hi Mr. Panda, 

Are you in Europe? I think the cost for EU citizens might be less and you can definitely get better loan options if you are in the EU or especially in France. Are the Paris School of Business or Toulouse Business School distance learning based or is those programs on site? Are they AACSB accredited and do they accept US student or private loans?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
(07-20-2022, 02:03 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:

Hi Mr. Panda, 

Are you in Europe? I think the cost for EU citizens might be less and you can definitely get better loan options if you are in the EU or especially in France. Are the Paris School of Business or Toulouse Business School distance learning based or is those programs on site? Are they AACSB accredited and do they accept US student or private loans?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

No, I´m not in Europe.

PSB and TBS are AACSB and AMBA

Both give you distance learning options.
(07-20-2022, 02:31 PM)MrPanda Wrote:

Hi Mr. Panda, 

Thanks,

Education Seeker

No, I´m not in Europe.

Can the PSB and TBS DBA (or other Business PHD degrees at these institutions) are doctorates entirely online or do you need to travel to France? I know Grenoble is another French doctoral business program, but, it requires to travel mainly to either Los Angeles or twice to Grenoble, France at the beginning and end of the program. While I could travel some, I am limited being a single parent as to the amount I can travel. Also, do TBS and PSB accept US student loans or private loans to pay the roughly $35,000 tuition cost?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
(07-20-2022, 04:04 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:

Hi Mr. Panda, 

Thanks,

Education Seeker

No, I´m not in Europe.

Can the PSB and TBS DBA (or other Business PHD degrees at these institutions) are doctorates entirely online or do you need to travel to France? I know Grenoble is another French doctoral business program, but, it requires to travel mainly to either Los Angeles or twice to Grenoble, France at the beginning and end of the program. While I could travel some, I am limited being a single parent as to the amount I can travel. Also, do TBS and PSB accept US student loans or private loans to pay the roughly $35,000 tuition cost?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

I don´t know about loans.

Regarding PSB, they said this in September 2021:

The program is entirely in English; therefore, no prior knowledge of the French language is required. Our admission process does not require a GMAT score.   

1) Since our DBA is an executive program, it is possible to go on pursuing your professional career while undertaking your doctoral research.  

2) The normal duration of the program is three years. As soon as a student enrolls in the program, a supervisor will coach him/her mostly online. In addition to the tutoring, five seminars are organized in Paris during the first year in two compact sessions.   

3) The first seminar is scheduled for December 2021 6,7 and 8 (Introduction to doctoral research); the second for December 2021 9,10 and 13 (Formulating the research topic); the third (Data collection techniques) for December 2021 14, 15 and 16 in one compact session. The seminars will also be delivered ONLINE through video streaming for students who can’t travel to Paris because of flight restrictions.   

The second session will be scheduled for May 2022 23, 24 and 25 (Advanced Qualitative Methods) and May 2022 26 and 27 (Advanced Quantitative Methods). So, five seminars are scheduled for the first year of the program in two compact sessions: only two trips to Paris will therefore be necessary for the first year.   

There will one 5-day workshop in year 2 of the program organized in one session scheduled for January or July 2023 (one trip only in year two) and a 4-day workshop in year 3 of the program scheduled for January or July 2024 (one trip only in year three).  

4) It must be emphasized that our DBA program benefits from a partnership with the American Library in Paris and its huge online resources. So, all the required books and journal articles needed for the program are available through the American Library in Paris and are consequently included in the price.  

5) Paris School of Business is a leading fully nationally accredited French Business School. Furthermore, Paris School of Business is a triple crown business school since it has been awarded the AACSB, AMBA and EPAS international accreditations.
(07-20-2022, 04:18 PM)MrPanda Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 12:52 PM)MrPanda Wrote: Yes, I had see this one. Thank you.

Hi Mr. Panda, 

Thanks,

Education Seeker

No, I´m not in Europe.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

The program is entirely in English; therefore, no prior knowledge of the French language is required. Our admission process does not require a GMAT score.   

1) Since our DBA is an executive program, it is possible to go on pursuing your professional career while undertaking your doctoral research.  

2) The normal duration of the program is three years. As soon as a student enrolls in the program, a supervisor will coach him/her mostly online. In addition to the tutoring, five seminars are organized in Paris during the first year in two compact sessions.   

3) The first seminar is scheduled for December 2021 6,7 and 8 (Introduction to doctoral research); the second for December 2021 9,10 and 13 (Formulating the research topic); the third (Data collection techniques) for December 2021 14, 15 and 16 in one compact session. The seminars will also be delivered ONLINE through video streaming for students who can’t travel to Paris because of flight restrictions.   

The second session will be scheduled for May 2022 23, 24 and 25 (Advanced Qualitative Methods) and May 2022 26 and 27 (Advanced Quantitative Methods). So, five seminars are scheduled for the first year of the program in two compact sessions: only two trips to Paris will therefore be necessary for the first year.   

There will one 5-day workshop in year 2 of the program organized in one session scheduled for January or July 2023 (one trip only in year two) and a 4-day workshop in year 3 of the program scheduled for January or July 2024 (one trip only in year three).  

4) It must be emphasized that our DBA program benefits from a partnership with the American Library in Paris and its huge online resources. So, all the required books and journal articles needed for the program are available through the American Library in Paris and are consequently included in the price.  

5) Paris School of Business is a leading fully nationally accredited French Business School. Furthermore, Paris School of Business is a triple crown business school since it has been awarded the AACSB, AMBA and EPAS international accreditations.

Mr. Panda,

I did do some research and found out that there are several French universities that participate in the US Student loan program. It doesn't seem like they do participate in this program, but, I will contact them.

I observed that the seminar in 2021 was offered online, but, the session in May was physically in Paris. Do you know if they are still offering sessions online? I will have to contact them. Even if it is in person, it would be two in person visits to Paris.

The program sounds very impressive. Do you know how they rank or anything about the DBA reputation?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
(07-20-2022, 05:46 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 04:18 PM)MrPanda Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 02:03 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: Hi Mr. Panda, 

Thanks,

Education Seeker

No, I´m not in Europe.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Mr. Panda,

I did do some research and found out that there are several French universities that participate in the US Student loan program. It doesn't seem like they do participate in this program, but, I will contact them.

I observed that the seminar in 2021 was offered online, but, the session in May was physically in Paris. Do you know if they are still offering sessions online? I will have to contact them. Even if it is in person, it would be two in person visits to Paris.

The program sounds very impressive. Do you know how they rank or anything about the DBA reputation?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

11 years ago I was accepted to the PSB MBA, but I ended going to the University of Lisbon - Mestrado em Ciências Empresariais.

My bachelor grades were not very good (and for US standards those would be bad, except for the last 2 terms that were good), but I had very good grades in a Master in Economics (with one term pending), so I had that going for me. My work experience was in low level positions an it was not very long, so that shouldn´t have added too many points to my application.

So I guess it´s not that difficult to get accepted there.

But I agree with you that everything looks very good in their website, but reading about the school, I remember that in comparison with other French schools, this one was not very well considered.
I've been getting calls and emails after inquiring about SSBM just to do more research about them and see if there are any scholarships to drive the cost of this degree down even further. The ACBSP program accreditation along with their membership to a couple of business program accreditors would lead some FCE companies to give it the equivalency of a regional accreditation as Validential has done so with European International University who only has as a membership with ACBSP. The reason for this is that in order to be a member or accredited by these programmatic accreditors, you have to be regionally accredited if located here in the USA. Schools outside of the US are not required to have this accreditation but must submit paperwork showing that they have appropriate recognition to award degrees. If ACBSP accredits an international school, the school could be seen as equivalent to regionally accredited in theory since they only accredit regionally accredited schools in the USA.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
(11-17-2022, 09:54 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I've been getting calls and emails after inquiring about SSBM just to do more research about them and see if there are any scholarships to drive the cost of this degree down even further. The ACBSP program accreditation along with their membership to a couple of business program accreditors would lead some FCE companies to give it the equivalency of a regional accreditation as Validential has done so with European International University who only has as a membership with ACBSP.   The reason for this is that in order to be a member or accredited by these programmatic accreditors, you have to be regionally accredited if located here in the USA.  Schools outside of the US are not required to have this accreditation but must submit paperwork showing that they have appropriate recognition to award degrees.    If ACBSP accredits an international school,  the school could be seen as equivalent to regionally accredited in theory since they only accredit regionally accredited schools in the USA.

A lot of things to unpack here. But lets start, i am responding couple of months latter cause getting response from November/December by organizations is quite hard. And then i also forgot to reach back.

I think it is clear as of writing that "degrees" from SSBM should be avoided, but if you want a course certification or something along those lines be my guest, even an MBA should you wish for, but just know MBA does not exist throughout Europe, even from reputable institutions (public government recognised ones) getting an ECTS claim on them (let's say of 90) is hard next to impossible. Most of Europe education market looks at MBA's as expensive course certifications. And the same view point transfers over at the labor market on to CV's.

You also mentioned ACBSP, which from my corespondings with people at ACBSP (last year) i can only say that they offer no claim/accreditation for exams, studies passed. So there is no confusion we are talking about Europe and ACBSP standings. Seems to be having an ACBSP accreditation is holding no value, and i can say with 100% guarantee in EU no Ministry of Education would give permission for said degrees to pass the verification process to be usable on the labor market.

To only/best guarantee comes from the government by the respected Ministry of Education in EU, and i think for the most part in the World. (regional accreditation over in US)

I can go into details what the problems with SSBM Geneva are , but lets say nothing significantly changed since 2020 that people found out on degreeinfo, i would say things went worse for them.

As for EIU this is why it took me so long to write a replay, backchecking these claims. EIU claims that it has a license from the Ministry of Education France, which is true. But the juicy part they left out its not a license to award academic degrees. 
So you have a Thailand owned private business that is selling online "degrees".
As of writing they do hold a membership from ACBSP, not to be confused with accreditation, but they have submited for accreditation candidacy. I went back and checked with the Germans national repository for Institutions and degrees (Anabin) and i could not find anything calling itself European International University.( red flag as they come) Mind you i can find SSBM in the repository holding the "avoid at all cost" score while nothing about EIU.
People in the Ministry of Education also failed to find anything about this institution, and no one actually wanted to comment should you take or not take courses from them, i think that's up to people.

I also can not comment about the quality of education you get in these Institutions, it might be good, and it is up to the people should they want to spend their time and money on them Confusedhrug: emoji
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry101's post:
  • ashkir

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,991 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  advice sought on doctoral program EducationSeeker 9 1,252 10-29-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Harry101
Question Absolute cheapest online JD program? Randyb100 22 12,903 10-23-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: nkout1983
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 2,806 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue University Doctor of Technology Program JTP 12 3,707 05-10-2023, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTP
  South College - EdD Program jb0433 19 4,254 03-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: cc95
  Is a DNP to PhD program the best path ? xspect 3 738 10-30-2022, 07:10 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  First Hybrid Optometry Program in U.S. Possibly Coming sanantone 0 772 01-13-2022, 11:24 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Hanover College 2-year, Hybrid DPT Program sanantone 2 1,342 10-14-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  New DBA Program Alpha 1 1,316 04-04-2021, 04:34 AM
Last Post: ashkir