Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinions on SSBM DBA program?
Easy solution to this one:

https://acbsp.org/members/?id=64671995

They are ACBSP accredited. How much is that worth? Well, that’s a different matter.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • jsd
Quote from their Website:

SSBM Geneva is ACBSP accredited.

https://www.ssbm.ch/accreditations-memberships/

I'm looking for a DBA but cheaper than what ssbm is offering, more ENEB like, unfortunately that doesn't exist yet.
Since I'm not interested in the ssbm DBA i will not investigate any further.
Just quoting their Website.
Their ACBSP accreditation is a recent change; they were in candidacy a few months ago: https://web.archive.org/web/202202271404...mberships/
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • jsd
Ye no matter what private accreditation they have it is kinda pointless considering the situation in Switzerland, until the new laws are passed for 2023, in the effort to make some changes to the whole Bologne process and the Confederation/Ministry and Canton academic fuss in Switzerland we cant know on what it will look like for the unaccredited higher education institutions.

Programmatic accrediation still can not compete with the Institutional one. And i mean it goes without saying ;
https://www.sbfi.admin.ch/sbfi/en/home/i...itles.html
https://www.sbfi.admin.ch/content/dam/sb...tionen.pdf
"6. Private institutions based in Switzerland that are not accredited under the HEdA may only issue
private degrees. Such degrees:
- generally do not confer any entitlement upon the holder to gain direct access to a higher level
of studies within Switzerland's public higher education sector;
- generally may not be used by the holder to carry out a profession that is regulated in Switzerland;
- may be used by the holder to carry out an unregulated profession; appreciation of the value of
private degrees is left up to employers.
Generally speaking, there are no international agreements protecting the value of private degrees; in
all cases, it is up to the national authorities in the host country to decide whether to recognise foreign
qualifications.
Private institutions are able to legitimately carry out their activities in Switzerland by virtue of the principle
of economic freedom. They may also use a name that is not subject to an accreditation requirement.
However, this does not mean that the Swiss authorities recognise the studies offered, nor the
examinations passed nor the qualifications issued.
7. Generally speaking, the use of professional names and titles is not regulated. The Confederation
has adopted provisions aimed at protecting certain federally recognised titles within the VPET sector
as well as within the HEI sector (albeit limited to titles awarded by the two federal institutes of technology
– ETH Zurich and EPF Lausanne). However, there are no federal legislative provisions prohibiting
the private use of titles (i.e. for non-professional use)."

..if you want to let people know you got scammed..be my guest.
Programmatic accreditors can sometimes act as institutional accreditors when accrediting specialized institutions. For example, there are institutions that only provide medical training and are only accredited by ABHES. There are seminaries that are only accredited by ATS. I think I once came across a standalone law school that was only accredited by ABA. I don't know if the U.S. Department of Education has given ACBSP permission to act as an institutional accreditor. I think I'd rather attend a DEAC-accredited school with no business accreditation than attend SSBM.

Technically, ACBSP's focus is on accrediting entire business schools or business departments within a college or university, and accounting programs are accredited separately.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(05-13-2022, 04:26 PM)Johann766 Wrote: Quote from their Website:

https://www.ssbm.ch/accreditations-m$1
 I would check out cheaper options than SSBM for a DBA since it is $11,000 USD. 

If you are trying to get a cheaper DBA option, then I would check out AMA Online University in Philippines which costs about $2-3K in total. I believe there are options than are not AACSB accredited in the USA that are closer to the 
$10-20k total. University of the Cumberlands and Montpellier University (AACSB accreditation) which is in France also come to mind. In short, there are better options without a question mark that have similar or cheaper costs.

Quote from their website
(06-17-2022, 02:02 PM)Johann766 Wrote: SSBM Geneva is ACBSP accredited.

Quote from their website

Thanks, you mentioned it at the top of this page already, post #22. Anyways, I agree with the others, even with ACBSP, I would rather get something that has National Accreditation or a Ministry of Education recognition in their country in addition to just ACBSP, it's great having that as a programmatic or secondary accreditation though, but the first step is "country" recognition.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-17-2022, 12:39 PM)sanantone Wrote: Programmatic accreditors can sometimes act as institutional accreditors when accrediting specialized institutions. For example, there are institutions that only provide medical training and are only accredited by ABHES. There are seminaries that are only accredited by ATS. I think I once came across a standalone law school that was only accredited by ABA. I don't know if the U.S. Department of Education has given ACBSP permission to act as an institutional accreditor. I think I'd rather attend a DEAC-accredited school with no business accreditation than attend SSBM.

Technically, ACBSP's focus is on accrediting entire business schools or business departments within a college or university, and accounting programs are accredited separately.

I can not comment on how it is for US, but from the information i have for Swiss and EUnion members, from the Ministry back when i was doing my research.
That being said most of the hospitality and hotelier private schools in Switzerland do need a form of certification/accreditation from SAS umbrella like organizations. And these degrees can be used in your CV/resume that is 100%.

Regarding ACBSP's, i was in contacted with them 2 months ago and mister Steve replayed that ACBSP can not serve as a replacement for Institutional accreditation, but that it serves as a crown upon that recognition. Those are only achived from the respected Ministry of Education. And it makes perfect sense when you think about it, hence the programmatic accreditation nomenclature.

These private business schools from Switzerland should be avoided at all cost, and they are filled with red flags. Just for instance the eduQua they use is private Adult learning certification worth only in Switzerland (pay good attention on the wording), yet they present (imply on there website) it as some kind of higher education license from the Government.
Then you have Geneva Business School using out in the open an accreditation mill (AASBI) as some kind of recognition. 

And this is my biggest problem with them, they spend all of this to try and make an appearance how they are reputable or accredited Institutions inside Switzerland.
These degrees are useless and degrees from them just make you a big target mark for abuse or report. And it is good having this kind of information on them out in the open.
(06-17-2022, 01:37 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 04:26 PM)Johann766 Wrote: Quote from their Website:

https://www.ssbm.ch/accreditations-m$1
 I would check out cheaper options than SSBM for a DBA since it is $11,000 USD. 

If you are trying to get a cheaper DBA option, then I would check out AMA Online University in Philippines which costs about $2-3K in total. I believe there are options than are not AACSB accredited in the USA that are closer to the 
$10-20k total. University of the Cumberlands and Montpellier University (AACSB accreditation) which is in France also come to mind. In short, there are better options without a question mark that have similar or cheaper costs.

Do you have a link for the DBA at Montpellier University?
I was only able to found the DBA at Montpellier Business School.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Comptency based Doctor of Science program Randomkud1234 1 64 Yesterday, 06:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 4,030 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  advice sought on doctoral program EducationSeeker 9 1,255 10-29-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Harry101
Question Absolute cheapest online JD program? Randyb100 22 12,966 10-23-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: nkout1983
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 2,808 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue University Doctor of Technology Program JTP 12 3,708 05-10-2023, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTP
  South College - EdD Program jb0433 19 4,260 03-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: cc95
  Is a DNP to PhD program the best path ? xspect 3 738 10-30-2022, 07:10 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  First Hybrid Optometry Program in U.S. Possibly Coming sanantone 0 772 01-13-2022, 11:24 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Hanover College 2-year, Hybrid DPT Program sanantone 2 1,344 10-14-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: eLearner