Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proctoru secure browser
I need to download this, right? Or am I just following the prompts through straighterline to set up my proctoring session? The information seems conflicting.

https://www.straighterline.com/help-cent...urebrowser

When I download it for Windows, it leads me to some choices for Straighterline, such as courses using moodle, I click it and it takes me to an error 404 page.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
I always did the download of the secure browser at the time of my exam, as part of the steps to take it - never before.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-16-2018, 09:06 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: I need to download this, right? Or am I just following the prompts through straighterline to set up my proctoring session? The information seems conflicting.

https://www.straighterline.com/help-cent...urebrowser

When I download it for Windows, it leads me to some choices for Straighterline, such as courses using moodle, I click it and it takes me to an error 404 page.

Hmm, unless this is something that changed recently, I was always able to just use my normal web browser (Chrome) for ProctorU. It's RPnow that requires the custom client with built-in web browser.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Just did my first session, man it took forever to get them to accept an ID, they were so focused on the expiration date for some reason and my stupid webcam isn't adjustable with a focus ring to zoom in on that without it being blurry. Ended up using my passport since it was larger. Spent more time on that than the actual exam.
Credits:
(08-19-2018, 11:44 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: Just did my first session, man it took forever to get them to accept an ID, they were so focused on the expiration date for some reason and my stupid webcam isn't adjustable with a focus ring to zoom in on that without it being blurry. Ended up using my passport since it was larger. Spent more time on that than the actual exam.

If you have an external webcam without a manual focus on the camera itself, some manufacturers (Logitech for example) offer camera settings or configuration software you can download from the manufacturer's website that may allow you to adjust the focus directly within an app. That is what I ended up doing and it works great for changing focus for those pesky ID images.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
I have the software and was playing around with it afterwards, can't seem to do anything that gets it to focus on small writing like that.

I did come across youtube videos though that show how to open it up and unscrew it to adjust the focus ring inside, but don't really want to do that, but maybe.

Mine is the c270.
Credits:
(08-19-2018, 12:13 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I have the software and was playing around with it afterwards, can't seem to do anything that gets it to focus on small writing like that.

I did come across youtube videos though that show how to open it up and unscrew it to adjust the focus ring inside, but don't really want to do that, but maybe.

Mine is the c270.

Hmm, if you have the C270 you should be able to use the Logitech Camera Settings app to do that. Assuming it works the same as other cameras, you just click on the advanced tab and find the focus slider, disable auto-focus and then slide it left or right to adjust the focus.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
Mine doesn't have an option for focus, just shows standard stuff like contrast, brightness, etc.

I went through it holding up my ID to the screen and trying to adjust everything, could only get it marginally better for small writing. My passport seems to be working, so good enough. This is the first time I touched the webcam in a very long time.
Credits:
I had the same issue last week with the exp date on my DL. Total pain in the Arse. For some reason with proctor U it seems to always take 20-30 minutes from me to get setup to take the test.
I just did an exam and it didn't submit properly, after I clicked submit, it logged me out back to the main straighterline page.
Proctor dude didn't seem to notice or care. Contacted ProctorU and they say it shows submitted on their end, whatever that actually means.

Seems it finally resolved itself probably after the 2 hr time limit expired.
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Examity student profiles not secure. Seagull 11 1,509 03-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  ProctorU darthweezy 3 712 02-25-2020, 01:39 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  How Strict Is ProctorU? BrighterFuture88 4 1,922 08-30-2019, 10:24 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Study.com and ProctorU Questions retro 22 5,891 02-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Last Post: rvm
  Another weird ProctorU issue jsh1138 42 6,645 12-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just an FYI about ProctorU jsh1138 17 6,804 05-24-2018, 01:10 AM
Last Post: High_Order1
  ProctorU FastPass / Fast Track ending? High_Order1 29 4,891 10-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question ebook format for SL open book finals thru ProctorU lismith 1 1,577 09-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Thorne
  How do I do open book testing with ProctorU? Mab81 5 7,175 07-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor/ProctorU, test registration StoicJ 4 2,082 04-25-2017, 11:09 PM
Last Post: StoicJ