Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TESU courses without proctored exams / papers?
#1
I'm currently in the process of finishing my BACS, I have a few credits left. I'm going to cap the 90 ACE credits limit, and I have transferred a couple of credits from a EU university. As a result, I have 6 remaining credits that needs to be RA.

This is the current plan. The bottom part is a BSBA that I might or might not complete at some point. The remaining COS-2130, COS-3300 and CIS-3010 I will do on study.com, bringing the total to 90. The purples classes are the ones that are RA (TECEP, foreign credits or normal TESU classes).
https://ibb.co/xKKF57gh

I'm planning on doing a 15 credits term at TESU with: SOS-1100, PHI-1300, CIS-1070, + 2 other classes. Then a final term with the capstone.
These 2 classes are the ones I'm looking for. Ideally, they should have no proctored exams, or no papers (would prefer no exam unless there are really a lot of papers to do). If there are exams, then there shouldn't be a lot of dates to memorize. Fitting into knowledge of other cultures for the BSBA would be appreciated but it's not necessary.

Any suggestion?
Reply
#2
No exams and no papers in a college course? What else is there? Besides discussions. Can you do any e-pack classes?
Reply
#3
(08-04-2026, 01:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote: No exams and no papers in a college course? What else is there? Besides discussions.  Can you do any e-pack classes?

Yeah e-pack are good, in fact I'm planning on doing the CIS-1070 epack one already. The thing is I live in China and with the firewall doing a proctored exam is very tricky for me, that's why courses without proctored exam would make my life easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes boblax's post:
  • Seeker42
Reply
#4
(08-05-2026, 08:29 AM)boblax Wrote:
(08-04-2026, 01:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote: No exams and no papers in a college course? What else is there? Besides discussions.  Can you do any e-pack classes?

Yeah e-pack are good, in fact I'm planning on doing the CIS-1070 epack one already. The thing is I live in China and with the firewall doing a proctored exam is very tricky for me, that's why courses without proctored exam would make my life easier.

Then it sounds like courses with papers are the way to go. You won't have to worry about proctoring with papers.
Reply
#5
Greetings,

Just a reminder that, at least in the US, having a test proctored by a live person, in person, is still a thing. Even some institutions that tout online proctoring also accept the alternative (check the fine print and/or ask). Traditionally, a cooperative librarian would be accepted as a proctor, but now college testing centers (which also proctor external exams -- for a price) are the norm. Are the same options available in China?

Good luck!

P.S. If you know of any distance learner friendly institutions in China that offer courses in English, please consider posting details!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RKanarek's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,145 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  Stats courses from Business School toward BA in Math AOS? cannoda 0 70 10-01-2026, 07:16 PM
Last Post: cannoda
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,632 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 489 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,514 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,192 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 359 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,495 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 554 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 754 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)