Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
FEMA & FREE College Credit courses
Well now,

Finished my interview. They were very impressed with me, and I have a couple of things to add to this forum.

First of all, they responded well to the FEMA PDS Certificate, and even knew about it (though I think they didn't know about the ISP program because they were trained in person).

What threw me off is the interviewing manager asked about which school I was pursuing my bachelor program in. I had to make a quick decision, so I said Thomas Edison State College since it is more Brick and Mortar than Excelsior College (and since I've applied and been accepted to both schools). Well it turns out, he not only knew about TESC, but he commented that it was a VERY fine school (maybe he knew people who went there).

I'm not sure I'll get offered the position, or even take it if offered, because we both knew I was over-qualified for the position. However, if they meet my salary requirements, I'll definitely think about it. How cool woud it be to work as part of the shuttle program before it ends, and usher in the new Ares/Orion programs.
Reply
Wow that's so cool, what a huge relief to get a positive response about TESC.

And yes that would be an awesome job!
Reply
Thanks for the responses. There is no score reported Snazzlefrag, but I am in a related field with these courses so I wouldn't mind learning new stuff (especially how civilians handle nuclear disasters). It would be cool to have the certificate and try to get with FEMA after the Navy but I'm not going to keep hopes high.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
Reply
larry7crys Wrote:It would be cool to have the certificate and try to get with FEMA after the Navy but I'm not going to keep hopes high.

Dude, you're already way more qualified than "Brownie" ever was.
hilarious

You're in...for sure!
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob
_____________________________________
Exams/Courses Passed (43):
- Courses (4): 1 Excelsior, 1 CSU-Pueblo, 2 Penn Foster.
- Exams (39): 24 DSST, 15 CLEP.

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Reply
snazzlefrag Wrote:Dude, you're already way more qualified than "Brownie" ever was.
hilarious

You're in...for sure!
Snazzlefrag

Only if he has experience with Arabian horses! LOL
Reply
Hello I am new, I have been reading around alot and I wanted to know what specific courses should I take to transfer over to credit. The poster said there is about 35 of the 55 offered that can transfer into credit,Thanks
Reply
will2k Wrote:Hello I am new, I have been reading around alot and I wanted to know what specific courses should I take to transfer over to credit. The poster said there is about 35 of the 55 offered that can transfer into credit,Thanks

If you're enrolled at TESC, click here:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...st140.html

If you're enrolled elsewhere, click here:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...st144.html
Reply
BMWGuinness Wrote:If you're enrolled at TESC, click here:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...st140.html

If you're enrolled elsewhere, click here:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...st144.html
Do you know which ones are accepted as Upper Level if any? I've seen a lot of posts about this. I find it hard to believe they would accept any of those courses as Upper Level yet people have stated this fact. Thanks.
Reply
Gary Wrote:Do you know which ones are accepted as Upper Level if any? I've seen a lot of posts about this. I find it hard to believe they would accept any of those courses as Upper Level yet people have stated this fact. Thanks.

I'm not sure about UL courses, but you can utilize them towad the major at TESC.

http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...ement.html
Reply
Are these FEMA credits transferrable to COSC ?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,483 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,170 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 2 3,685 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,688 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,849 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 346 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 383 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Thoughts on BYU Independent Study's religion courses? daydream 9 1,311 08-13-2026, 01:14 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,333 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,041 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)