dewisant Wrote:This is the first time I've looked at this thread! John Bear's books never mentioned Empire State so I went with Excelsior College when I started all of this back in 1998 (yes, I'm slow!). Now that I know Empire State exists I may be dropping EC like a hot rock...like today. I took the GRE Psychology Subject test exactly once and scored a 500 after reading 16 books and long before I discovered InstantCert. I think it's reasonable to believe that I could have scored much higher if I had kept at it! Wish me luck!
Definitely look at all of your options. I know you are already close to finishing a degree at EC. It is my understanding that Empire State may have a high residency requirement (30-ish credits). This means that 30 credits must be taken at that college compared to the 3 credit (capstone) residency at EC. Be sure to double-check that and compare it to the benefit of using the GRE.
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...#post94641
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School
Sharing Credit-by-Exam* and Help for Veterans
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST
* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School
Sharing Credit-by-Exam* and Help for Veterans
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST
* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)