02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
I hate to break it to you, but you're essentially trying to force this. I went to high school in Ontario. I was part of the double cohort. I can tell you, categorically, OAC material is NOT college level. The ontario system was extremely out of date and made high school 5 years for no good reason. My year, even though we were the first, learnt the same amount in only 4 years, as opposed to 5. The only way you're getting credit for OAC is with a bit of dishonesty and trickery. AP/IB are totally different. They are accelerated programs (read: much more difficult than OAC, actual college level work) for gifted students that actually cover college material, just like CLEP/DSST. I'm sorry the system made you waste a year of highschool (it was a foolishly designed program) but you won't get anything for it.
**Edit: Either way, if you do know the college level material, passing a CLEP/DSST should be no problem at all. A simple 100 dollars and 90 minutes and you're done.
**Edit: Either way, if you do know the college level material, passing a CLEP/DSST should be no problem at all. A simple 100 dollars and 90 minutes and you're done.
Goal - BA Mathematics Major at TESC
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher
COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher
COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)