OE800_85 Wrote:I can tell you, categorically, OAC material is NOT college level....it was a foolishly designed program...you won't get anything for it.As an old OAC grad, I must admit to the truth, OE00_85. All of the above! Looking back, I'm sure the Canadian College credit I received for OAC was basically a marketing device. Nothing like a bit of "instant credit" to lure prospective adult students back to school! The Colleges did that sort of thing - the Universities didn't. Different rules, I suppose. Funny, how I found out about it. The college I was already attending at night had a booth at a fair. The lady there told me about the OAC credit provisions, so I took my (then) 25-year-old high school transcript to school the next Monday. I went from having 25 college credits to 41 credits, overnight. That's the first and last time OAC credits were of any real use to me, in the 53 years since I earned them.
Back then (80s) it was pretty near impossible (at least in Ontario) to get credit for college work at universities - although good American schools just across the border would give a college student with good marks "time served" for his/her Canadian 2-year diploma and enrol them in third year. The schools also granted 50% off tuition -- still an astronomical amount in Canadian terms. Full tuition at the good NY State schools THEN was about $15K a year. My side of the border, University tuition was (then) under $4K.
Johann


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)