05-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Westerner Wrote:It depends on what your goal is. If you want the "college experience," to get into graduate school, or to go to an Ivy League school, you're free to pursue the B&M/traditional route. However, if you want your degree faster and for less, you can utilize CBEs, testing out and the Big 3 (and its not like you can't be flexible and use CC credits, transfer credits and the like at the Big 3. You can even get into graduate school with a Big 3 degree). Simple as thatAnd there are adults and youth who fall into both categories.
Well those first 3 things you mentioned are either illegal, or cause a lot of hurt.
These things are free to do and a matter of opinion. They don't break the law. Though, I would not put paying for CP in either of these categories. Sometimes there is a genuine need for it.
Good for you
Those things weren't meant to exactly match up with CP; they're just examples of a lot of people doing something that's not the best idea. I would put CP in the category of paying a tax preparer at H&R Block when you can get the same results using their software for much less. After my expensive experience with a tax preparer, I've been doing my own taxes ever since with better results. If my finances ever get terribly complicated, I'll hire an accountant; but I doubt that'll ever happen.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


And there are adults and youth who fall into both categories.![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)