05-06-2013, 08:39 PM
IrishJohn Wrote:If this thread doesn't get at least another 3 or 4 more pages well then we'll just have to beat this dead horse harder! :leaving:
I always skip over threads that are of no interest to me. People are free to post/not post, read/not read...
Westerner Wrote:Obviously. But see Topdog98's post. CBEs are better than traditional or online classes because all you need to do is learn the info, and you can use a host of different sources; you don't get a professor's opinions interjected into the whole subject. CP recommends Christian sources in order for students to learn the truth about what they're studying, so they can make the most of college. But this is kind of a tangent
Bottom line: CP most definitely is legitimate, and is fulfilling the needs of many people, Christian or not. It was what started me on my distance learning path to a college degree, and I'm ready and willing to share about it to anyone who wants to know.
If Sanantone wants to keep discussing this, I don't mind. If not, that's fine too.
CP isn't doing the teaching though. You are self-studying by using materials developed by other people/organizations. Subjects like history and the other social sciences can be somewhat subjective. I'm going to study what I need in order to pass the CLEP or other CBE, not something that is going to throw me off. When I have time, I read other materials of interest as a hobby. I don't need a company to tell me which books to read. I try to read from all sides of an issue so that I can try to determine who is telling the truth. Just because a writer claims to be Christian does not mean he or she is telling the truth. Not all Christians agree on everything. Most of what I've studied in history really has nothing to do with pro-Christian vs. anti-Christian views. It's mostly about the winners vs. the losers. The winners usually get to tell their story.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


![[Image: dead_horse.gif]](http://s.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/dead_horse.gif)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)