01-14-2014, 03:43 PM
freddy Wrote:@cookderosa - I understand the fail or failure to withdraw for someone who doesn't show up to class at all. However, this teacher has it setup to where if you are late to class 3 times then that is an automatic failure. Missing out on 3 minutes of class is a lot different than 6 hours of class, which is a lot different than never showing up the entire semester.
If the teacher shows up late three times throughout the course of the semester is he going to pay his salary for the entire semester back to the University? I think not. However, that's exactly what he is doing to students with his policy since students' grades are essentially their "paycheck" for that class.
It's hoops. Not to sound flippant, but in my opinion, most (not some- MOST) of the credential earning process is just putting up with crap necessary to get the piece of paper. Many people drop out of school simply because they don't want to put up with the crap. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm saying you have no power other than deciding what YOU are going to do once you see the hoop. Sometimes school is crappy, sometimes teachers are crappy, but it is what it is. Opt in or opt out, you do have the power to choose.

![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)