Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Straighterline Business Ethics comes with FREE book
#39
Business Ethics was my first Straighterline course and I ended up ordering the book before I realized I could access the .PDF for free. As a result, I was surprised, but the proctor allowed me to use both on my final. I was glad I got the book because it contained the glossary and the .PDF didn't. I haven't looked at the Word file posted earlier in this thread, but if it resembles the .PDF it is missing the glossary, and there were enough definitions type questions that I found the glossary helpful for looking up term definitions quickly.

I also definitely had a lot of repeats on quizzes. After each quiz I selected each question and correct answer and pasted that into Word (I did this for each Straighterline course I took). When all the quizzes/midterms/etc. were done, I got each question and correct answer down to no more than two lines of text each (only one line for most). Then I changed the font size to squeeze all of the quizzes and midterms onto two pages. My inkjet printer prints duplex, so I was able to print all of that onto one double-sided physical page, which I used as my page of notes. This was the maximum amount of pages allowed for notes at the time of my Straighterline course finals. Between that and the searchable .PDFs/etextbooks my Straighterline experience was quite pleasant, and much quicker than studying for CLEP/DSSTs, but that's just my experience.

Once I got going I found I could complete two-three Straighterline courses a week, while I generally spent at least a week or two studying for the CLEPs, and longer for the 6-credit CLEPs (in my case between one and three months per 6-credit CLEP). I don't mean to discourage you from taking CLEPs, just to give you more information that it took me a while to discover. I hope this helps.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Straighterline Business Ethics comes with FREE book - by Lemurian_Spirit - 03-30-2014, 05:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practically free Health Certification TINASAM 6 237 1 hour ago
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,350 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 2 3,773 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Book: Uncommon Sense: Rethinking Ordinary Problems in Extraordinary Ways LevelUP 1 724 04-30-2026, 07:51 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Free/cheap unaccredited Christian degrees CollegeStudentAC 2 2,117 12-26-2025, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Christmas Courses (Free) MichaelGates 5 3,578 12-15-2025, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Trauma-Informed Certificate/Certification for Coaches (Free) MichaelGates 2 2,196 08-31-2025, 12:13 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 8 6,262 07-13-2025, 12:47 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Mental Health, Psychological, Spiritual First Aid – Free MichaelGates 0 1,730 07-11-2025, 04:06 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Free or low cost Six Sigma White/Greenbelt Certification? Toastmaster 55 43,690 04-10-2025, 10:20 AM
Last Post: [email protected]

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)