Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Western Civ exam
#3
jresemius Wrote:I took my first CLEP today and passed, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. Which I hear is easy. My hurdle may be Western Civ I. I need to pass this to graduate in May. I really have little knowledge of history and have been out of school for 20 years. So is this doable for someone starting from scratch? What advice can you give for passing this test? What study materials would you recommend? I can take an online class but I am doing my field study and an accelerated course this spring so I am concerned that it will be difficult to add an online course to an already busy schedule.

Jresemius, congrats on your first CLEP!! As far as the Western Civilization I CLEP goes, using solely InstantCert scored me a pass. I probably went through the cards four or five times until I had all the information cold. I know there is the recommendation on the site itself, but I'll say it here, person to person. Make sure you read and learn all the information, not just plugging the words in!! I can't stress that enough. For me, that factor has been the deciding one for a pass or fail, and I've taken many exams.

Good luck on your journey!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Western Civ exam - by jresemius - 12-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Western Civ exam - by bricabrac - 12-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Western Civ exam - by battlefrof72 - 12-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Western Civ exam - by UptonSinclair - 12-13-2014, 10:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYU foreign language proficiency exam lavagirl 8 3,697 09-09-2026, 03:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Information The DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, and more! jsd 1 99,625 09-17-2025, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best path for interior design (NCIDQ exam) for bachelors in another field? spohara 9 10,343 06-25-2025, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Save on tuition with Western Undergraduate Exchange wow 0 1,413 08-16-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  HIS-1010 / Western Civ. 1 at TESU picochily 8 2,909 05-05-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 5,403 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 5,967 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 2,216 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 12,723 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 2,662 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)