Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
10 years removed from school, 108 credits want to finish my business/finance degree
#51
rebel100 Wrote:Charter Oak State College
Business Administration Concentration:

What you still need:

General Education: General Education Requirements - Charter Oak State College Catalog
Speech (3) DSST Exam or seek a waiver (waiver for this is pretty common)
English Comp 2....you may have this with ENC1930, if not the DSST Technical Writing Exam.
Ethics, DSSt Exam, other exams available.
US History/US Government DSST and CLEP exams available
Global Understanding, DSST World Religions is a good choice
1 credit science lab. You might look into straighterline for a stand alone lab, won't be particularly cheap but you gotta have it.

So 3-5 exams (I think your OK with Speech and Eng. Comp 2, but might have to take those)
1 SL lab or a science with lab

Concentration:
Business Administration - Charter Oak State College Catalog
I think you are done here, I believe you have met the concentration requirements. You have enough UL credit.

Cornerstone Course (3) required: $1100
Capstone Course (3) required: $1100

2 semesters to finish
Application: $75
Semester fee: $245 (x2) $490
Graduation fee: $205

Total COSC Costs $2970 plus the cost of the exams ($300-500)....so right around $3500 for your bachelors degree

Current Fees - Charter Oak State College Catalog

**this was a quick look and you have to get the plan approved, but it should be very close.

I was going to spend the $75 to finish the application until I decided to re-read this post...this obviously looks like a very educated theory as to my completion...with what has been discussed would it be universally agreed that tesc would be probably the better way to go for me via the 8 tecep method? I'm in my 10th business day with them and anxiously waiting my review of my transcripts and licensing review.

anyway to speed up this process?

*secondly* I've applied for financial aid and have a feeling I may get it, (I initially chose barry university but their full time student fees are 14k..I dont want to look at any loan options) so I chose TESC secondary and just completed the handbook. if I do get awarded, I think the enrolled option would be the better way to go for me...I'd look to complete it in one semester if possible
but I'm just as clueless about how financial aid works as I was when I first got here
Reply


Messages In This Thread
10 years removed from school, 108 credits want to finish my business/finance degree - by infoe36069 - 07-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Employer: So where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? LevelUP 1 96 10-04-2026, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,650 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,269 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 2 3,742 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,342 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,428 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,265 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,558 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,556 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,015 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)