07-06-2015, 09:00 PM
swalke321 Wrote:TESC issued a new catalog for their degree programs. Some of the gen ed requirements changed. If anyone was planning their degree before July 1st but apply after July 1st may have to make some slight changes to their degree plan. TESC now requires 3 credits of oral communications such as speech, and 3 credits of information literacy such as literature. The number of credits for different categories in the gen ed requirements changed such as natural science requiring 4-7 credits instead of the 3 credits previously. The area of study changed for some programs such as psychology and criminal justice. I think the BSBA has some slight changes. One program that changed quite a bit was psychology. It used to have 3 required courses with 21 electives. Now it has more specific requirements that cannot be tested out of like before but can still be done easily with Tor College Credits or other sources. Most of the changes are still test (DSST, CLEP, TECEP etc) or alternative credit friendly (Straighterline, Penn Foster, Tor College Credits, etc.) and credits can still be transferred in.
If I applied before July 1st am I grandfathered in?


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)