07-27-2015, 05:08 PM
iwant2stalku Wrote:I spoke with the adviser again yesterday. He said they do not approve courses started in the last 6 weeks of a student's term. I told him my plan was to get through one every week or so. He said they could make exception if the student was working at a faster pace. The only thing pushing me out of WGU is the fact that I need a GPA higher than 3.0.
He also told me if I did it in 4 months he would like me to do a video for their marketing department. I asked if they would reimburse my tuition. lol
I was trying to start this coming Monday, but the registrar hasn't reviewed my transcripts. Looks like it would be next Monday (8/3). I'd start a thread, but I will probably be too busy getting through the courses to really keep it updated. I still think it would be useful to others since Patten is relatively uncharted territory.
EDIT: I just looked at the schedule. The term that starts 8/3 ends on 11/20 (fifteen full weeks). But waiting one week (starting on 8/10) would give me two extra weeks (12/4). I'm sure I would lose a few days to their Thanksgiving break, but it may net me a few extra days overall to wait.
That does sound interesting. I am rethinking my WGU decision. I would much rather have a GPA, since I don't have one for my undergrad (other than a couple of transfer classes).
Currently studying for: Still deciding.
Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)