Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten University Closing
So as somebody who tried to complete the Patten University MBA, but just couldn't stomach their format, and recently re-tried, I received the following e-mail today:

"Dear Student,

I want you to be among the first to know of important news regarding Patten University. I am pleased to announce that substantially all of Patten University’s academic programs, curriculum, faculty, staff, and leadership will be transitioning to John F. Kennedy University (JFKU), an affiliate of the National University System. JFKU is a regionally-accredited, nonprofit university offering innovative and nationally recognized programs, with vast experience serving working adults.
Based on the number of courses remaining in their program, most students will be eligible to transfer to JFKU Online or to another institution of their choice, while some students will be invited to complete their degree at Patten. We have established transfer agreements with a number of universities and are ready to assist you in exploring all your options. Because of the unique relationship created by this transition, there may be significant benefits to students who decide to transfer to JFKU Online - including no tuition increase for the balance of your current degree program as long as you remain continuously enrolled and in good academic and financial standing.
Transitions to JFKU Online or to an alternate university of your choice can begin as soon as this month, and any students remaining in Patten University classes must complete them by December 14, 2018. After a period in which students have had the opportunity to review and decide upon their transfer options, and after instruction ends on December 14, 2018, Patten University will cease operations.
While this is exciting news, I understand that it may also raise several questions about your own options and future academic plans. We are fully prepared to answer all of your questions, address your concerns, and assist you in considering all of your options. To that end, you will soon receive an email from your advisor with an invitation to meet for a one-on-one phone appointment to discuss your specific circumstances.
We look forward to speaking with you as soon as possible to assist you in your degree completion efforts.

Sincerely,

Dr. Nathan Breitling
Interim President"
I didn't know they sent out an email. I just happened to go to their website today because I was checking out their associate's programs for someone, and I saw the message on their website.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
This is terrible. I wanted to do my MBA in IT from them.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(07-09-2018, 06:17 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: This is terrible. I wanted to do my MBA in IT from them.

You are MUCH better off going with WGU.  Patten was not a great format as far as anyone on this forum reported back.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I would love to enroll in WGU but I'm not from the US so I cant. Any other suggestions?
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I think you mentioned you looked at U of People, it's just 10 exams, my friend. Go get that MBA from them!
Further to that though, they offer a very interesting BS Computer Science, at a very affordable price point.
Even though they are NA, their programs have "made some noise" in the academic world.

Other schools (big name) are taking their Associates/Bachelors graduates into their respective programs.
I have not seen a better NA program than this provider... yet... I would give them a chance if it was me.
There are other NA schools that will accept international students, depends which program you are into.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-09-2018, 08:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think you mentioned you looked at U of People, it's just 10 exams, my friend.  Go get that MBA from them!
Further to that though, they offer a very interesting BS Computer Science, at a very affordable price point.
Even though they are NA, their programs have "made some noise" in the academic world.  

Other schools (big name) are taking their Associates/Bachelors graduates into their respective programs.
I have not seen a better NA program than this provider... yet... I would give them a chance if it was me.
There are other NA schools that will accept international students, depends which program you are into.

Am I reading that UoP MBA is exams only?
(07-10-2018, 12:43 PM)jjsafari Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 08:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think you mentioned you looked at U of People, it's just 10 exams, my friend.  Go get that MBA from them!

It's full courses, but the final exam is what you actually pay for if you're in a country that needs to pay. Theoretically, you could just run through the courses and pass the finals. Not sure I've heard anything about a required time in course before taking the final. Someone else may know differently.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(07-25-2018, 09:34 AM)Tedium Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 12:43 PM)jjsafari Wrote:

It's full courses, but the final exam is what you actually pay for if you're in a country that needs to pay. Theoretically, you could just run through the courses and pass the finals. Not sure I've heard anything about a required time in course before taking the final. Someone else may know differently.
I dont know for the grad but for undergrad you must take a course on a semester basis do discussions and submit assignments every week then at the end of the semester then you can take the final exam.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

There is another thread about the closure. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...is-Closing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 207 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,048 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,452 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,840 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,966 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,307 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,296 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy