Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
10 years removed from school, 108 credits want to finish my business/finance degree
#79
infoe36069 Wrote:PrLoko firstly you are the man, if you are ever in South Florida, lunch of your choice is on me.

Secondly, with that being the case and me not really wanting to get into more debt, I take it TECEP route is still probably the best route for me to go then correct? Can I just use the pell grant toward tecep or should I just not mess with the financial aid at all.

Lastly, I took my clep's at miami dade when I request the transcript of all records from them will they send my clep's or does clep have it's own transcript somewhere that I need to send in?

P.S. I should ignore this evaluation as it's not taking into account half of what I have completed correct?
I'll break my response down.

I haven't been in florida in over 12 years, but I appreciate the offer. Truly. Smile

If you are hell bent on not accruing additional debt (sounds smart to me), then yes, TECEP will be the most cost effective. You can only get financial aid if you take actual classes (not tecep), so you give up about $360, woopdie doo.

Last question, you have to send an official CLEP transcript from the collegeboard (about $20 I think) to TESC directly. They will not evaluate credit transferred to another school. It has to be from the original source. This is the case with basically all schools. This will also include your FINRA stuff. You wanna request this all in at once.

If you can ballpark what you already taken and think you can guess where the rest of the credits will go, you can probably start taking some TECEPs now if you don't want to wait another 4 weeks to start.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
10 years removed from school, 108 credits want to finish my business/finance degree - by Prloko - 07-29-2015, 01:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Employer: So where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? LevelUP 4 297 10-09-2026, 12:20 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,852 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,401 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 2 3,806 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,958 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,481 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,328 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,702 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,647 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,034 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)