11-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Old Guy Wrote:Isn't a high school diploma (or GED) a very common or even an absolute requirement to enter or graduate from a college?
The only state colleges I've heard of that don't allow you to graduate college unless you have a high school diploma is New York. I know of a college student who applied to graduate college in New York with her bachelors but was told she didn't qualify because she didn't have a high school diploma. Dean's list in college and she still had to go take the GED in order to graduate college.
The only other example I've heard of is my Pastor who wasn't allowed to graduate from seminary unless he passed the GED. He was a rebellious, in trouble with the law youth until God got a hold of him.
About accreditation... something most people don't realize is NOT all public or private schools in USA are accredited.
An accredited diploma is not a requirement... usually just a diploma or equivalent (GED).
You say that she didn't graduate high school here in USA... did she graduate high school in another country? That is likely enough along with proof of English proficiency.
If she does require a high school diploma, as a homeschool parent I can say that may be the easiest option to get a high school diploma depending on the state they are residing in.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)