Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is degree / credential hoarding a psychosis?
#36
Life Long Learning Wrote:Is degree / credential hoarding a psychosis?

I think collecting "certifications" (not certificates) have for me become a psychosis. I also have gone overboard with community colleges degrees and non-traditional ACE credits in my drive to learn. Who said gin, a computer at night, and learning don't mix.Confusedmilelol:

I have a question for you. I don't know where you are job-wise, but let's just say you're looking for work. Would you keep all your education on your resume or only keep what you feel is relevant to the specific role to which you are applying? Or maybe all your certifications and other education are applicable to the jobs you'd be interested in.

By the way, this isn't a trick question. I really just like to hear about others' experiences. I haven't really done anything with my resume since I graduated. I did create a CV for my grad school application and for that I touched on all my training, some of which I wouldn't have mentioned if it was a resume for a desk job.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Is degree / credential hoarding a psychosis? - by ladylearner - 12-29-2016, 10:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 2 1,578 10-03-2026, 10:28 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  NYC elementary schools hiring school aides - no degree required bluebooger 1 326 08-31-2026, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 1 4,037 04-25-2025, 02:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 2,293 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 2,534 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 2,996 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 4,654 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 9,203 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 3,944 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 4,260 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)