09-25-2017, 12:26 PM
(09-25-2017, 10:34 AM)dfrecore Wrote:(09-25-2017, 12:03 AM)sanantone Wrote:(09-24-2017, 10:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Call me crazy, because I can't seem to recall this info - but when a school loses accreditation (like say ITT Tech), don't they usually then quickly go out of business? So that if you had a bunch of NA credits, you couldn't complete the degree even if you wanted to there. So it's kind of a moot point.
Wasn't the issue with ITT Tech that they no longer qualified for financial aid?
Ah, yes, you're right. I couldn't quite remember what happened.
Speaking of, if you become unaccredited, do you lose the ability to get student loans? So that might cause a school to go out of business.
Yes. Well, federally, anyway. Federal student aid can't be used at an unaccredited school. I'm hoping the school I'm planning to get my master's from finishes the process before I'm to the point that I'm ready to enroll.
-Rachel
BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U
Liberty U: 36 cred finished
LU ICE exam: 4 cred
Christopher Newport U: 2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II
TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U
Liberty U: 36 cred finished
LU ICE exam: 4 cred
Christopher Newport U: 2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II
TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)