Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Journey - TESU BA Computer Science
#28
I'm looking into the degree requirements again because they changed at the start of the year. At first I thought it was all good, because I was relieved Calc II was no longer a requirement, but now I believe this does require 1-2 more classes which can't be tested out of. And now I'm less worried about taking Calc II.

I'm a bit upset because I had told an advisor in Oct/Nov that I was definitely going to do the BA-CS degree, but he was basically saying I could not enroll or add it (until after I graduated with the BSBA). I think that another advisor would have told me differently and allowed me to enroll in it, meaning I would have been locked into the 2017 catalog. I guess that davewill would say I could make a case for being put back on 2017, but I'm not sure it's worth trying to fight for.


I don't really mind taking extra classes, but I do mind if they are costly and not something I feel is useful to my future, and... mostly, I mind now because I'd like to speed up the timeline. I would, ideally, want to graduate in Dec 2018, but it does not seem possible. Most schools' Fall semester ends 5-6 weeks too late for Dec graduation, and many schools have fewer summer classes. In addition, many of the classes have prereqs. I missed Spring enrollment at most schools.

I would be willing to pay more for a class if it allows me to graduate 3 months earlier, but I'm not sure about paying a lot more (such as for TESU's class). It's just the 2 classes which would be the problem: Comp Architecture and Operating Systems would have to finish by early Nov. If they have prereqs I don't have, cost goes up and finding them soon enough is a challenge.

March 2019 seems so far away. I may search some more.

I'm also still a bit nervous about Java class since they apparently want you to have Intermediate C++, not just Intro. So in that case maybe I should simply take Intermediate C++? I need one of the two before the Data Structures course. I just don't want to set myself up for a course that's too hard for me from the start, meaning I would be playing catch up the whole time and still end up with a B grade. But Java should be easier right? They might not allow me into Intermediate C++ with just the SL Intro C++. I think they would want a real graded course. I also prefer to learn Java but if that course needs me to learn C++ first anyway, then why not just C++.

Reply


Messages In This Thread
My Journey - TESU BA Computer Science - by Ideas - 11-08-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: My Journey - TESU BA Computer Science - by Ideas - 02-18-2018, 09:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACEI Finland evaluation to TESU homeschoolmom1 2 561 3 hours ago
Last Post: abel1303
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,162 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,646 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 490 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,523 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,199 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 360 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,498 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 557 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 756 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)