Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Journey: BA in English from TESU
#48
I believe I'm going to drop the English degree, but replace it with a Learner Designed degree in Writing/Editing/Publishing, if allowed. It shouldn't cost a lot more since I would be PLA-ing. It would certainly take more effort than Shmoop plus Chinese Poetry, but I believe it would be worthwhile for me.

In general, I think most people should go for the more general, broad degree because they want flexibility, and they can always add a certificate or two later, or a Masters. But I believe this will be right for my situation which is atypical due to health and other reasons.

I feel I already have 3 courses that would work in my LDAS, but of course I will need 21 new credits (plus capstone). I believe I can get 6 credits quickly through TECEP(s)/ACE. I would take one expensive non-self paced course, and attempt to PLA 12 credits. I think it's good plan.

I feel sure that I want to do this, but I have to think about how it fits into some other life plans for 2018-2019.

If anyone happens to know of inexpensive credit sources, that could help. I believe I've already checked all the cheap sources and many of the self-paced sources. I have also done some further research.

Reply


Messages In This Thread
My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Ideas - 11-10-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Kev - 12-23-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Ideas - 03-10-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by jsd - 12-23-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 01-10-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,592 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 451 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,438 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,176 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 335 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,468 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 535 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 720 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,468 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk
  TESU courses without proctored exams / papers? boblax 4 1,003 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)