Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alternative Credit Project closing down
#25
(04-24-2018, 12:36 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 10:41 AM)allvia Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 10:06 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 07:38 AM)allvia Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 02:28 AM)bezzina Wrote: Apologies in advance if this is an obvious question. I've been thinking about using Saylor for College Algebra. Will this have any effect on me being able to transfer credit from Saylor to WGU? Alternatively, has Saylor provided an update on the ACPE courses that they submitted to ACE for review?

Currently Saylor College Algebra is credit approved for ACP ACE credit until 5/31/2018 under ACPE-0016.  If you complete it before that time you can add it to your ACE transcript for credit - which WGU does except.  It is not approved as a Saylor course directly at this time, but it has been stated that Saylor is working on that (but until it "is", it can't be counted on).


All of the SL courses have expired under ACP.  I tried to add one earlier this week and it wouldn't even let me submit it.


They must have just updated them (Saylor courses only), as I took it off the site this morning (I checked before I posted) - this is what it reads as of right now...


College Algebra (Saylor Academy) (MA001)
Credit Type:
Course
ACE Course Number:
0016
Organization:
Alternative Credit Project Ecosystem
Location:
Online.
Length:
This is a self-paced online course that is completed over a period of 104 hours
Dates Offered:
4/1/2015 - 5/31/2018


EDIT:  cookderosa, I see you stated that the SL ones had expired (true), not the Saylor (they are currently the only ones still active) - I misread what you write the first time.

Yeah, I saw that. That's good news- curious if you're using ACP for a school that doesn't otherwise accept ACE?  I'm not super familiar with that list.

I ended up going with TESU for my BSBA, but I had looked into WGU (applied, sent transcripts for eval, etc). Saylor does have some courses that are ACP ACE/NCCRS evaluated, that are currently not Saylor direct ACE.   WGU took the Saylor credit due to the ACP ACE, but not the NCCRS (they are not a NCCRS cooperating school, aka partner school)
Amberton - MSHRB
TESU - ASNSM/BSBA



[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • sarg123
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative Credit Project closing down - by allvia - 04-24-2018, 01:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,892 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,100 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  ACTFL credit transfer degreedude80 2 1,079 06-03-2026, 06:24 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  Spanish Credit Coachr21 7 1,956 04-05-2026, 12:56 PM
Last Post: wow
  CHEAP, Christian, RA, CBE Now Accepting ACE Credit SophiaPrincess 12 5,033 02-25-2026, 09:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Get college credit for knowing a Language Personherebb9 13 7,417 12-31-2025, 01:54 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  The Rise of the 90 Credit Bachelor Degree SteveFoerster 5 3,236 11-28-2025, 12:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information The DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, and more! jsd 1 99,607 09-17-2025, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DEAC seeking comments on 90 credit Bachelor degrees and subscription-based tuition SteveFoerster 7 3,843 08-06-2025, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Is there a college that uses projects for credit? pluggingalong 13 7,110 06-11-2025, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)