Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Military?????
#17
larry7crys Wrote:I would rather use my GI bill whenever I couldn't fork over hundreds if not thousands of dollars for tuition and the such. Call me cheap, but I'm still going to use it to its fullest.

I understand where you're coming from, and to each his (or her) own. I sat down and figured it out the other night, and I've probably spent close to $3,000 dollars on my exams in the last year. ($70+$20 for DSST's, $65+$20 for Cleps). There's a part of me that wishes I would have used the GI Bill or my Chapter 31 assistance for that $3000. Still, I want to hoard as much as I can since I enlisted back in the days of 15k'sh GI Bill, and I was in the Marine Corps which didn't jump on board with some of the higher education plans. <--- *Jealous of the Air Force*

My comment was merely a small example of the inimidation I feel when I look at some of the graduate school tuitions. I honestly can't imagine spending 90-130k on a two year EMBA program, but it helps somewhat to realize that my GI bill will pay for at least 20k of it. I"m still looking around for other alternatives (Oxford is only 60k, but a hellacious GMAT score).
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Military????? - by Keyboard Ninja - 08-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Military????? - by kitanis - 08-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Military????? - by Keyboard Ninja - 08-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Military????? - by MagicATC - 08-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Military????? - by kitanis - 08-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Military????? - by Casey1300 - 08-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Military????? - by Straydog - 08-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Military????? - by arbornmedic - 09-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Military????? - by Straydog - 09-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Military????? - by beckysharp - 09-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Military????? - by bzptc0 - 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Military????? - by larry7crys - 02-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Military????? - by originalbigjim - 02-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Military????? - by larry7crys - 02-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Military????? - by Chebasaz - 02-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Military????? - by larry7crys - 02-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Military????? - by Chebasaz - 02-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Military????? - by Basket Weaver - 02-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Military????? - by Gonzo - 03-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Military????? - by originalbigjim - 03-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Military????? - by dc67 - 01-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Military????? - by creationstory - 01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Military????? - by dc67 - 01-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Military????? - by creationstory - 01-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Military????? - by dc67 - 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Military????? - by Joel - 01-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Military????? - by dc67 - 01-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Military????? - by creationstory - 01-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Military????? - by CLEP101 - 01-16-2009, 03:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Military Technology Leadership (AAS/BS) & JST Credit — Looking for Other MOS Exp Phracker Jacks 0 29 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  National Military Monument Charles Fout 1 792 08-04-2026, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Southern Nazarene U, Inexpensive Credit Bank for Military & Military Aspirants Jonathan Whatley 9 4,234 07-27-2026, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Shutdown cancels sports games and dances for students at military-base schools Charles Fout 5 2,315 10-13-2025, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  General "Rasin" Caine is an Alum of American Military University Charles Fout 2 4,606 02-24-2025, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  College credit for military recruit gypsymama 6 9,116 01-25-2025, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 10,426 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 16,371 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 12,847 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 3,404 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)