(06-22-2018, 03:33 PM)Carnation Wrote: If someone is to stay away from foods "for a time" I would expect it is to see if it makes a difference.
When my doctor recommended I stay away from ALL sugar (Keto type diet), it was to see if it made a difference with autoimmune pain.
Sure enough, I was able to get off of all prescription pain meds and anti-inflammatories within 6 weeks of starting the diet.
Often people label things as allergies because that is easier than explaining why you avoid certain foods.
My son doesn't have anaphylactic response to eggs, but he sure will violently vomit it up!
Saying he is allergic to eggs is simply easier than to give the explanation.
My 2 cents...
A good physician would give you a specific and accurate diagnosis and explain to you what is going on. It's great to have informed patients because they can do their own research on what they want to do and even obtain second opinions. Just as an example, there is a huge difference between a dairy allergy and lactose intolerance. Just about every physician will tell you that you are lactose intolerant if that is what you are; they aren't going to tell you that you're allergic to milk. If that were the case, people with lactose intolerance wouldn't be able to drink lactose-free milk. A dairy allergy is something life-threatening. In the age of Google, you don't want to tell someone that they have a life-threatening condition if they don't have one.
Everyone knows what lactose intolerance is. I tell people all the time that I have a high sensitivity to caffeine without any confused responses. Those aren't any more difficult to understand than allergies. You definitely don't want to ask anyone for dietary advice if they don't know the difference between an allergy, intolerance, and sensitivity.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)