Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Let's Talk Human Resource Management (HRM) Grad Programs!
#14
I'm in a similar boat, and once I finish my BSBA-HR I'm looking at ether Fort Hayes or CSU-Global as well. I've seen some other programs in the $12k range, but they are all MBA-HR, which wouldn't meet your needs.

Most of the higher level HR job postings I see here (Bay Area) ask for "Masters in related field" and HR certifications. So I don't think the actual degree will be as important, especially if you have the certification. For ~$400, even with a 50% pass rate, I think you'll have better luck getting the cert first then working on a Masters. I believe you meet the experience requirements for both PHR or SPHR regardless of your degrees, so you could always look into practice tests to see which one you think you can pass.

I myself am planning on taking either the aPHR or PHR after I've finished my BSBA.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Talk Human Resource Management (HRM) Grad Programs! - by Muldoon - 11-10-2018, 08:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW Univ of Virginia - Master of Change Management smartdegree 0 710 08-07-2026, 03:43 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  KU Jayhawk Flex CBE Masters in Ed, Performance Effectiveness, and Project Management Jonathan Whatley 29 7,213 08-05-2026, 05:12 PM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  Getting into competitive graduate programs chrisv 20 3,018 08-02-2026, 11:21 AM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  California options in Mental Health Grad Schools termdec 2 676 07-26-2026, 07:49 PM
Last Post: termdec
  Journey - UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 14 13,406 06-30-2026, 09:58 AM
Last Post: kb24bi8
  UNO Maverick Flex Path CBE Grad Cert in Executive Business Jonathan Whatley 4 1,302 06-08-2026, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  $900 Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 258 138,636 06-08-2026, 08:59 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,055 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  3 Woolf Partnership Programs - AI, CS, Software Engineering bjcheung77 16 4,741 05-25-2026, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Eleanor
  WGU - Masters in IT - Product Management WALLACEMC11 4 1,522 04-16-2026, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)