Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TESU SOS-110 Living in the Information Age
#21
(01-26-2019, 04:22 PM)vetvso Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 04:13 PM)MNomadic Wrote: In my experience from the courses I've done at TESU, the forum posts(and responses to 2 posts)are basically just participation points for the course. As long as you complete it on time and put forth a reasonable effort, you should get full marks on those assignments.

Yes, you are correct and I find those useless for the most point. I prefer taking the guided courses and not the ones with the online forum postings. If I was wanting to talk to people I would be in a classroom.

Final Update:

I only took this because I needed an easy course and thought I would test it and report back here. I just needed to fulfill a VA requirement of 6 CR.

The class is easy from a writing standpoint. However, there is an area called foundations that has nothing to do with the purpose of this course. It's somewhat hidden within the Moodle course so you have to click on everything. Scoring well on the tests there still doesn't mean the system will pass you. So make sure to start this early.

The writing assignments related to the course are helpful, but the extra busy work makes the class a waste of time for people who have a lot of credits and already write academic essays.

If you need to take the course please use Crystal Sands. She is a good mentor and really tries to work with you.

I don't recommend taking the course unless they make you. Try for an exemption or a waiver first.

I just completed this course on Sunday. Waiting for my final paper to be graded, but I think I will get an A.
I found it to be a very easy course. No proctored exams.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: TESU SOS-110 Living in the Information Age - by mikesar - 01-28-2019, 07:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,593 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 451 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,440 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,176 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 335 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,468 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 535 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 722 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,470 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk
  TESU courses without proctored exams / papers? boblax 4 1,005 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)