Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TESU Dual Degrees Input needed
#8
(05-08-2019, 04:34 PM)cookderosa Wrote: My apologies for offering an opinion on something you didn't ask about - but you're pushing your goal post really, really, really far out there.  Not only is a second bachelor's degree unnecessary, but doing the bachelor's to master's puts you in an (expensive) impossible situation if you don't finish. The likelihood of another college accepting graduate credit that was earned as part of an undergraduate degree is almost zero.  

I know you didn't ask- but your advisor won't advise you against overspending or lingering- two very bad situtions in higher ed.  You know most people *never* graduate, so my advice is to help you get OUT of college.  If I were in your shoes, I'd pick the technical degree for my bachelor's and the management degree for my masters.  You'll have a much shorter time of it and the cost will be dramatically less.

I appreciate the feedback. If I were to transfer the graduate credits being accepted depends on the the school accepting them not if they were taken as part of the Bachelor to Master route. 
If I were to pick the technical degree for my bachelors it would take be significantly longer. A management based, like a MBA, masters will not help my career out much and I wouldn't be able to apply any credits to a bachelor degree because it doesn't fit in the technical degree and TESU says I have already fulfilled the area where those credits would apply in the BSBA. I don't know why they are unwilling to move these. I am currently petitioning this with the dean.

I talked with advising today. It appears that the person who removed the BSAST was mostly wrong. Yes you can pursue 2 degrees concurrently. However there is an "unwritten rule" that the registrar follows that will not allow you to apply "general management courses" under the BSBA to other degrees. No this doesn't make any sense that they can enforce an unwritten rule. I am currently appealing this decision to the dean.
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
Reply


Messages In This Thread
TESU Dual Degrees Input needed - by hallk33 - 05-05-2019, 08:18 PM
RE: TESU Dual Degrees Input needed - by dfrecore - 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: TESU Dual Degrees Input needed - by hallk33 - 05-06-2019, 04:26 PM
RE: TESU Dual Degrees Input needed - by dfrecore - 05-06-2019, 05:05 PM
RE: TESU Dual Degrees Input needed - by hallk33 - 05-06-2019, 08:11 PM
RE: TESU Dual Degrees Input needed - by hallk33 - 05-09-2019, 10:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,587 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 439 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,425 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,175 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 333 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,462 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 534 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 718 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,463 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk
  TESU courses without proctored exams / papers? boblax 4 1,001 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)