Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Journey: BA in English from TESU
Looking back to the feedback I got on my thesis paragraph, I felt that one grader was not too specific and made me think that I was on the right track, when I was farther off. The grader feedback did help me improve, just nearly as much as I would have liked. I guess I felt that feedback should have made it more obvious that I needed to do much more. Both graders pointed out a lot of specific things with my essay grades, and on the one hand, that's great to know. Most graders don't do that. On the other hand, it did greatly add to the feeling that the thesis feedback wasn't enough.

I don't think that most Eng grad students would have this issue because they would write their thesis more correctly off the bat, I am just an English undergrad student Smile

The paper/essay seemed basically unstructured to me. They give you some examples of topics and papers, but my feeling was you could pretty much pick whatever topic/theme. You either pick 2 poems from the course or 1 poem. I decided 1 poem wouldn't give me enough to write about unless it was a longer poem, but others might prefer having the one focus. There are so many poems to choose from, so I feel like it's basically open-ended. You don't have to find academic or other references to cite, but you can.

I'm glad I was able to take 2 of these, but both at once was a little much for me.

Reply


Messages In This Thread
My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Ideas - 11-10-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Kev - 12-23-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by jsd - 12-23-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 01-10-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Ideas - 05-23-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 15 5,596 Today, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  ACEI Finland evaluation to TESU homeschoolmom1 2 646 10-04-2026, 09:33 PM
Last Post: abel1303
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,327 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,695 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 587 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,714 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,232 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 416 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 591 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 829 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)