06-17-2019, 05:05 PM
(06-17-2019, 01:17 PM)SCYankee Wrote:(06-17-2019, 12:19 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: CLEP and DSST courses do not go on your ACE transcript, and the scores are not sent to ACE. They use their own transcripting set up.
Thanks for replying. There was more to the question, though. And even this answer is a little confusing, because I was just reading a long thread about how some people want to transfer their CLEP exams to their transcript as a P/F grade, rather than a letter grade, when they score low. They filter them through ACE before submitting them to COSC. Can't find the thread now. Did I misunderstand?
But can you elaborate on how it is handled? If I apply to COSC for instance, I have to contact CLEP, DSST and Study.com (and maybe other sources) individually?
And who keeps track of the DSST exams anyway? I dont see a website for that (like how there is the College Board site for CLEP)?
With regard to P/F versus letter grade, you're either A. Thinking of other credit sources (e.g. Study.com, StraighterLine), or B. Reading some really old threads. CLEP and DSST never count for letter grades, though I've heard they used to several years ago.
Yes, you will send a separate transcript request to CLEP, to DSST, and probably to ACE (depending on what courses you complete and where). Depending what school you go to, you may also end up needing to request a transcript from Study.com/StraighterLine/etc.
The DSST website is getcollegecredit.com, but it doesn't have your info or the ability to order transcripts like the CLEP site does. When I ordered my transcript, I had to mail in a request with credit card info. I have heard they're updating their transcript system though, so perhaps this will change.
Does that make sense?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024
Link to all credits earned: Link
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024
Link to all credits earned: Link


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)